Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taskalfa 250ci

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci

Taskalfa 250ci

When scanning in colour there was a very prominent magenta background, printouts were ok. I have had this before but never this bad.

It is running the latest firmware, I performed the auto grey adjust which solved the problem to a degree. If you look closley now you can still see a feint background in all colour copies. I have the scanner setup charts so I ran u411 and it is still there.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Re: Taskalfa 250ci

I had something like that, the copies had a magenta background, and the prints at first glance looked ok, but when I really looked at them, I could see magenta in the background. I swapped the drum with the cyan and the background color changed to cyan. The next day I changed the cyan drum and the background then shifted back to magenta. We had been at this customer's many times to fix the machine, and this problem was the last straw. We ended up swapping machines and have not yet looked at the original machine. I suspect there is a loose connector in the back causing the problem.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Senior Tech 250+ Posts luis8832's Avatar

Are u scanning to a folder or copying? If you are getting that that background i would check the connectors for the scanner, reseat them. Might solve your issue if you are scanning to a folder.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci

Re: Taskalfa 250ci Magenta Background on Copies

Sorry this is a copy issue I maybe didn't make that clear

The background is def not appearing on the printouts, the girl was running off A3 prints with a small image in the middle while I was there and the rest of the page was spotless.

It's possible that the scanner connector could cause it i guess but I wouldn't expect the auto grey adjust the partially correct the issue. That being said it's the next thing I'll check.

PS: I searched the forum before posting but couldn't find any similar issues but just stumbled upon this:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ne...olor-copy.html > guy requested thread to be moved.

Will post samples when I get the chance. Any further help/suggestions would be much appreciated...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Have you run AC Calibration? U464?
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci

Thanks for the reply, yes I have ran U464 and went through the usual setup proceedure, I done a test copy after every step and it only seems to be the auto gray adjust that has improved it.

I'm starting to think Luis may have been on to something with the scanner connector, the machine is used mainly as a printer and the copies aren't too bad for the moment although i expect them to get worse again so it will be a few weeks (crosses fingers) till i get out again.

Was hoping this was a common issue with a known cure as i've seen two like this and know of another dealer who's had similar problems. Our tech support tend offer little after the "did you try upgrading the firmware?" stage.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rashid120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
    When scanning in colour there was a very prominent magenta background, printouts were ok. I have had this before but never this bad.

It is running the latest firmware, I performed the auto grey adjust which solved the problem to a degree. If you look closley now you can still see a feint background in all colour copies. I have the scanner setup charts so I ran u411 and it is still there.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Dear friend i will give you very easy and simple solution.no need to swap any drum or developing Assembly.

just run sim mode U429(Setting the offset for the color balance) then select (TEXT+PHOTO) reduce value from 0 to -2(which color background appearing magenta,cyan,yellow,etc).

we tried every thing at last we did this and problem run away

please update after trying this.........

Thanks and regards

Rashid Iqbal

Senior Tech 250+ Posts luis8832's Avatar

Nice advice, try them both if needed and keep this updated for everyone's knowledge.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci

Quote Originally Posted by rashid120 View Post
    Dear friend i will give you very easy and simple solution.no need to swap any drum or developing Assembly.

just run sim mode U429(Setting the offset for the color balance) then select (TEXT+PHOTO) reduce value from 0 to -2(which color background appearing magenta,cyan,yellow,etc).

we tried every thing at last we did this and problem run away

please update after trying this.........

Thanks and regards

Rashid Iqbal
    *problem solved*

...and with much appreciation, thank you!

It was actually one of the other engineers that was sent down as I was on other calls but I armed him with this info. The problem hadn't worsened since the initial improvement made by the auto gray adjust but the feint magenta background was certainly still there. Once he lowered the magenta in u429 there was actually a slight cyan background but after dropping the value of the cyan it was a perfectly clean copy.

(if the title of this thread could be changed to reflect the problem it may help someone find it, my bad)

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci

Good work and big up Rashid
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison