Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-1370dn --Any Issues??

Hi all,
    Just throwing this out there as I'm 99% sure myself its not the printers.
    Has anyone been having any non-printing/network issues with these machines.I've been over and back to a customer a few times
    with network drop-off's,slow printing, etc. I'm getting "the other hp printers were fine before" story however I'm not so sure.Latest drivers installed.
    Thanks all.

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Re: Kyocera FS-1370dn --Any Issues??

We have had a lot of customer that complained of slow printing, the cause was upgrading the operating system and the old driver was not compatible with the new operating system. KX 5.1 driver hangs up alot on windows 7 after the service pack 1 is installed. If the have windows 7 make sure they have at least KX 5.2 driver, better is KX 5.3. For the dropping off the network at my last Kyocera class they recommended unchecking the SNMP statis enabled, if printer is dropping offline.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Just one re-occurring printing issue. The customer would call to say she couldn't print to any of the 1370 printers. When further questioned she couldn't access the internet, the server or any other PCs in the office. After a re-boot of the PC it came back online. She's called at least 5 times for this exact same scenario.

How it could be caused by a network printer, I can't imagine. But she calls us. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yeah,its always the printer .Had repaired a samsung printer a couple of months back.Customer rings back two weeks ago to say the printer keeps resetting the time on the p.c.After explaining nicely this was not possible customer was very rude and insisted on a callout. So went out discovered that the motherboard on the p.c. requires a new battery,then charged for my time as payment for putting up with ill-tempered customer.

I just sold three yesterday and will be installing today. Hopefully these are better than the new HP crap.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Ingersoll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pjdbm View Post
    I just sold three yesterday and will be installing today. Hopefully these are better than the new HP crap.
    I have worked on 3 of these FS-1370DN's in the last 2 weeks, all at the same customer. Seems like the drum drive gear grease is getting onto the drum. Leaves repeating gray areas on right side of prints @ 94 mm, cleaning has taken care of it but I'm concerned about repeat calls on this.

Technician

Diddo on the grease problem. Does anyone have an easy way to shut auto paper switching off? ( when tray 1 runs out, it goes to tray 2- even when it's set to a different type of paper.)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

I have also seen the problem of WIN 7 dropping the printer listing in Printers and Faxes. Our end-user could get the printer connection back by re-booting the PC . She was using USB connection. I have not heard of these dropping off on a network.

Quote Originally Posted by mach1don View Post
    Diddo on the grease problem. Does anyone have an easy way to shut auto paper switching off? ( when tray 1 runs out, it goes to tray 2- even when it's set to a different type of paper.)
    Run your Menu Map and check the Paper and Print settings .
    On the 1370 you have to set the paper type and size for each cassette, you will also see Paper Feed Mode, check to see if this is set to AUTO. You may want to turn this off.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Quote Originally Posted by eddie110171 View Post
    We have had a lot of customer that complained of slow printing, the cause was upgrading the operating system and the old driver was not compatible with the new operating system. KX 5.1 driver hangs up alot on windows 7 after the service pack 1 is installed. If the have windows 7 make sure they have at least KX 5.2 driver, better is KX 5.3. For the dropping off the network at my last Kyocera class they recommended unchecking the SNMP statis enabled, if printer is dropping offline.

Good Evening, Please I sold Kyocera FS 1370DN Printer to someone using window 7 32bit OS, The printer worked well with the Universal driver (A4 model), but later he called that the printer is showing offline, I have tried all i could to solve the issue but couldnt. I downloaded other several drivers but didnt work. I later discovered that if i plug the usb to another computer that has non of the driver, it will not prompt me to install the kyocera driver, it look as if the printer port is having issue. Presently i don't know what to do. This printer was working fine in the first place and not that the usb port of the printer was tempered with. What would have happened please help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samtechgs View Post
    Good Evening, Please I sold Kyocera FS 1370DN Printer to someone using window 7 32bit OS, The printer worked well with the Universal driver (A4 model), but later he called that the printer is showing offline, I have tried all i could to solve the issue but couldnt. I downloaded other several drivers but didnt work. I later discovered that if i plug the usb to another computer that has non of the driver, it will not prompt me to install the kyocera driver, it look as if the printer port is having issue. Presently i don't know what to do. This printer was working fine in the first place and not that the usb port of the printer was tempered with. What would have happened please help.
    win10 has been causing problems all around the world.

delete the last update and it should be fine.

it's not on a WSD port is it?