Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM5050 External electronic copyclick counter

Lightbulb KM5050 External electronic copyclick counter

Hello Fellow Copymashers

We have a customer who used to have a KM1530 ,I now..a historic piece . Since client is on budget we gave him a KM5050. He requires a click counter where he could see how many copies were made as he was able to see on his old KM1530 which had a bypass connection from the existing machine life counter to the meter counter behind his desk. Since the new machine has electronic counter only I cannot bypass it as on the old one.

Any recommendations how to hook this one up. It is a simple electronic counter with reset button (up to 48VDC) and ON/OFF button to disable the machine from copying (Not essential but would be nice if works)

So far I have found in wiring diagram YC15 which is has 2 connectors : 1,TC and 2,KeyCard or Key counter. Can someone with experience shed some light in to how to connect? What to Enable in Service Mode Vendor?Coin? KeyCounter in U204?
    Or is it just that simple and hooking it up to TC which has 24V which should be pulsing, right? (I have tried it, did not work.) Does the TC stands for Total Counter or am I mistaking it for something else? I believe it does or it logically makes sense since the wiring witch 2 pin connector goes the the blank point where the predecessors had the Meter Counter originally, like KM2530 for example.

The pins are as follows:

Pins 1-2 = TC
    1= +24Vdc
    2= T-Count

Pins 3-4 not used (loop)
    3,4 = GND to Set Sig

Pins 5-8 KeyCard or Key counter
    5= GND
    6= Set Sig
    7= +24Vdc
    8= K-Count

Pins 9-10 not used (loop)
    9-10 = GND to Set Sig

Did some search on Copytechnet but did not found just what I was looking for. Few on Konica Minolta machines but not the same. Wondering if the loops are worth checking out.

When metered against the ground found only +24VDC on pins 1 and 7 and voltage was not dropping/ switching during copy process. Set Sig had 3.7VDC if memory serves me well.

Many Thank yous upfront.

Habik
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: KM5050 External electronic copyclick counter

There is a simulation that must be set before the key counter will work. Sorry I don't know it off the top of my head. Just search the manual for keyword "key" or "hecon".

Personally I would recommend to the customer to use the built in job account codes if they really need to track copies and prints against specific accounts. It can be easily reset at whatever billing cycle they would like to use, and requires only minimal setup.

To minimize setup further, you can name the job accounts 00001, 00002, 00003, .... so no additional setup or programming is required when picking up new accounts or dropping old ones. Just a simple spreadsheet 00001 = Smith, 00002 = Jones, etc.

And toss out that old external device that you'll have difficulty supporting. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thumbs up Re: KM5050 External electronic copyclick counter

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    There is a simulation that must be set before the key counter will work. Sorry I don't know it off the top of my head. Just search the manual for keyword "key" or "hecon".

Personally I would recommend to the customer to use the built in job account codes if they really need to track copies and prints against specific accounts. It can be easily reset at whatever billing cycle they would like to use, and requires only minimal setup.

To minimize setup further, you can name the job accounts 00001, 00002, 00003, .... so no additional setup or programming is required when picking up new accounts or dropping old ones. Just a simple spreadsheet 00001 = Smith, 00002 = Jones, etc.

And toss out that old external device that you'll have difficulty supporting. =^..^=
    Thanks BlackCat. Although this sounds great, the actual fact is that it would be laber intensive. He is just one guy doing a lot of things in a small shop. One thing for sure is that the copying will be only when code is given.
    He is a simple man and likes things simple. No computers etc. So when he is busy with doing something and his customer comes back with I did 10 copies he would have to walk to the machine and scroll through the Menu to confirm...where as in previous scenario right on the counter he could see..aha this one actually did 15 copies right on spot no walking, and just press reset for next customer. You now see fully what I am dealing with.

So for now I'll carry on looking and keep your idea in mind.
    Firmwares HERE

OK. Success, simple in fact.

Solution to my issue is a old mechanical counter taken out from a old machine hooked it up to the TC connector which is on these machines blanked(not connected) and did a bypass to his electronic counter behind the shop counter. There you go, Bob's your uncle.

Still tempted to get the machine offline by flipping a switch on his shop counter in case he is at the back of his shop. I think there would be a Key counter connections required.. just don't know what is in those Key counter modules, anyone can get hold of a Key Counter service manual. Gonna ask Paul@justmanuals.com

Have a nice weekend you all!
    Firmwares HERE

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    OK. Success, simple in fact.

Solution to my issue is a old mechanical counter taken out from a old machine hooked it up to the TC connector which is on these machines blanked(not connected) and did a bypass to his electronic counter behind the shop counter. There you go, Bob's your uncle.

Still tempted to get the machine offline by flipping a switch on his shop counter in case he is at the back of his shop. I think there would be a Key counter connections required.. just don't know what is in those Key counter modules, anyone can get hold of a Key Counter service manual. Gonna ask Paul@justmanuals.com

Have a nice weekend you all!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Installing the key counter (option)KM5050 Installing the key counter (option).pdfKM5050 Installing the key counter (option).pdf

Thumbs up Re: KM5050 External electronic copyclick counter

Quote Originally Posted by GESPAGE View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Installing the key counter (option)KM5050 Installing the key counter (option).pdfKM5050 Installing the key counter (option).pdf
    Thank you for the valuable information.

So the fact is I can run switch on pins 3-4 (ON/OFF Key counter) and put the counter on pin 1-2 with bypass to an electronic counter, which is already proven working method through TC counter.
    Firmwares HERE

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Thank you for the valuable information.

So the fact is I can run switch on pins 3-4 (ON/OFF Key counter) and put the counter on pin 1-2 with bypass to an electronic counter, which is already proven working method through TC counter.
    ------------------------
    Yescompteur clef sur KM5050.pdfcompteur clef sur KM5050.pdf