Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera 300i accessories issue

Customer just got a used, networked 300i with extra paper drawers and 1,000 sheet finisher. The accessories show in the driver properties, able to select the extra paper drawers but not the finisher(finisher works fine in copy mode). Don't usually work on the Kyoceras. Have seen the wrong drivers do this on Ricoh product, 32 bit vs. 64 bit. Any help appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 300i accessories issue

drivers are critical...if you can't "see" the accessories under the "device settings" tab of the print driver, then you probably have a "generic" print driver!...download direct from kyocera for the most recent up to date driver!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

qbert69 is right. If you want to properly print on the machine, you have to install the manufacturer's driver. There under the "device settings" you can put the check mark on the 1000 sheet finisher, or you can just click "auto configure" and it will auto turn on all the accessories attached to the machine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks for the reply guys. I have a feeling they used the driver that the computer presented for the copier rather than going to the Kyocera website. thanks again.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Yep, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time for me, it will download the KX XPS driver rather than just KX. Various random issues occur with that XPS driver.

Also have noticed with the newer models that are equipped with airprint that it doesn't really work all that well, and that I still need to install the correct driver onto the Mac (Namely from office documents, it will sometimes send a document (according to status/job cancel) either without an extension, or with an extension like .xls978?9275║A☼9h┴A╚a... and will lock up the copier. Not sure if this has been addressed in firmware since I tried it, but when I install the print driver normally, it works no problem.
    -- "Did you try cleaning the glass?"