Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

M2535 mfp won't wake from sleep mode

For some reason they keep on going to sleep and don’t wake up the all of our 4 users that have that printer seem to have that problem. We have installed that printer locally and on the network we checked the settings and changed it from energy saver to Quick recovery about a week ago but it continues to keep doing the same thing. On the printer itself it doesn’t show it goes to sleep but when we print it won’t go thru so we just shut it off and turn it back on then I’ll be good for about an hour.

duplexcopy

Re: M2535 mfp won't wake from sleep mode

Well i heard this kind of problem could be firmware related, but usually it is a DHCP problem and the printer does not even get the wakeup-call . Even if you can use the webinterface, the setting on the printer and printer-driver should better be a fixed IP.

If that does not help you, ping the machine. If the response-time is >2ms the problem could be caused by a defective cable.
    WLAN bridges to printers often cause delay problems as well, so i'd suggest to try it again with a cable or to conect the machine directly to a PC to make sure the problem is not network related.

If you tried all that before and need better ideas than that, please write it into your coment.
    Last edited by duplexcopy; 06-03-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

I had this problem with only one 255c out in the field. Not only print jobs, but walking up to the copier and trying to wake it up didn't work. You had to shut it off and turn it back on. Of course I could never duplicate it on site. I made the sleep mode to quick recovery change and firmware update, still occurred. Last I was there I re-seated connectors in the back and reloaded freshly downloaded firmware for the 3rd time. I haven't heard back for a few months now.

Anyone else have any input?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    For some reason they keep on going to sleep and don’t wake up the all of our 4 users that have that printer seem to have that problem. We have installed that printer locally and on the network we checked the settings and changed it from energy saver to Quick recovery about a week ago but it continues to keep doing the same thing. On the printer itself it doesn’t show it goes to sleep but when we print it won’t go thru so we just shut it off and turn it back on then I’ll be good for about an hour.
    Did you find a solution? We have a brand new M2035 with the same problem. We have replaced it at the customers site and have the same problem in our office. Have tried new FW.

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    Did you find a solution? We have a brand new M2035 with the same problem. We have replaced it at the customers site and have the same problem in our office. Have tried new FW.
    Think the problem was old drivers, you must remove drivers from server and every workstation. I all fail load a 4300 hp driver if only printing single sided

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The issue he is describing is not driver related. It won't even come out of sleep mode at the machine. Pushing the sleep button does nothing. So its not the driver.

Technician

5 year old thread brother.