Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA-4501i Cf26f error

TA-4501i Cf26f error

We have a TA-4501i that will get a Cf26f error, using the latest KX driver (7.4.15), latest firmware v7.02, but it happens with the night crew so it is hard to diagnose during the day as the day crew has no issues.The morning crew comes in and we get the call that they have to restart the copier to clear the error. At first it was getting a C0640 error along with the Cf26f, so we replaced the HDD and no longer have the C0640 error.
    I am thinking it is something they are printing and the copier is not understanding the language of what they are trying to print. Computer OS is Windows 7, not sure of the server OS. Any other ideas?

Re: TA-4501i Cf26f error

What is the PDL set for? Should pcl5 not pclxl. Also see if you can find the workstation and the doc that was printing

If PDL was set for pcl5 change to kdpl

TA-4501i Cf26f error

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    What is the PDL set for? Should pcl5 not pclxl. Also see if you can find the workstation and the doc that was printing

Thank you, bsm2, I will check the PDL settings when I go there today, change them around and run some test prints from the workstation.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA-4501i Cf26f error

Clearly its something external to the MFP if first shift remains unaffected. Maybe you are getting some corrupt print data (like a wrong driver), or non-print data coming to that IP address. Do your endusers use web based applications or print a lot of web pages? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    TA-4501i Cf26f error

We get those codes when people are trying to print off the internet, recipes seem to be the worst

TA-4501i Cf26f error

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Clearly its something external to the MFP if first shift remains unaffected. Maybe you are getting some corrupt print data (like a wrong driver), or non-print data coming to that IP address. Do your endusers use web based applications or print a lot of web pages? =^..^=
    Thank you, blackcat. They are printing from an application I suspect from a server, as they have to log on to it, it is called Veg (I think), they are a produce distributor and print out several hundred orders a night. I stopped in today to talk to the day shift and the one person had said they sometimes have that issue but restart the copier and everything is fine.
    I changed the driver to pcl 5e as bsm 2 had suggested, printed some orders and no issues, but, we will see what tonight turns out.
    I find changing the new driver to pcl 5e format more difficult as there is not a save button anymore, now there is a save profile as, instead, it took me about three try's to get it to save the pcl 5e as the default.

TA-4501i Cf26f error

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    We get those codes when people are trying to print off the internet, recipes seem to be the worst
    Thank you, I have had the same issue, Scott, and that was my first question... but they are printing from a server based program.

TA-4501i Cf26f error

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post

Thank you, it was set to pcl xl (default) settings, I changed to pcl 5e and hope for the best. I personally feel that there system ( everything included pc's, network, server (possibly, just a guess) and programs are old), needs some updating, they are still running Windows 7 Pc's and seems like an antiquated server based program. If there are still issues I will at least try kdpl before I throw in the towel.
    Might I add, they have had this copier for three years with no printing issues, until the past month, which leads me to believe their technology connected to the copier may need some updating!

TA-4501i Cf26f error

Thanks for all the input and help. I tried all the driver combos, still was having the issue. I think I may have boiled it down to a bad (crushed) network wire. I went to the client first thing this morning while the machine was in an error state, cf26f, cleared the code and had the client resend the job. It started to print and stopped around the 45th page and the memory light kept blinking, but no data light, eventually the copier would code out. So, I decided to trace out the network cable and low and behold they had set a pallet full of product up against the network wire leading from the switch to copier, I had them remove the pallet(s) and replaced the wire and the copier prints with no issues.
    Hopefully, this will resolve the issue, time will tell.