Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Re: Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Quote Originally Posted by rustytechda View Post
    I have a CS 7003i machine and i spoke to a Kyocera tech person about this problem. I'm running into the same problem like yall. They told me it might be the main PWB. He suggested reseating all the connectors and DIMMs than updating the firmware. I would also be sure that the firmware is up-to-date. Also cut any wire ties that look tight going to the Main PWB and DP.
    Sounds like your rep has no idea what's causing it. I've received & given this exact advice for a wide variety of conditions. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Sounds like your rep has no idea what's causing it. I've received & given this exact advice for a wide variety of conditions. =^..^=

LOL.

Yep, that's a clear admission that he has no idea where the problem lies.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sorry to resurrect such a old post but did any of you guys ever find a solution to this? Unless i missed a post in this 14 page saga it looks like every body has tried everything with no luck. I ran into this a few weeks ago, my machine (1.8kk) would produce the exact same thing every 30-50 pages. I did charge roller, drum, dv in that order. Always re occured. Replaced the transfer belt and could not get it to happen again in 500 pages. Thought it was fixed. Had a 2nd school (800k) with the exact same line. Called my original school back to see if it had re occured and they said it was back but just dealing with it as it was so intermittent and knew they had a replacement machine coming soon. Went to the machine and could not replicate at all but did transfer belt and followed the bulletin on shimming the belt.

Manager asked the other techs and they said do drum and belt together. Any body tried this?
    The only thing that was the same on both my machines was U127 for transfer belt was not reset when the PM kit was installed and both counters were over 800k. Maybe process control cranks the voltage on a "old" belt and jacks the drum?
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Sorry to resurrect such a old post but did any of you guys ever find a solution to this? Unless i missed a post in this 14 page saga it looks like every body has tried everything with no luck. I ran into this a few weeks ago, my machine (1.8kk) would produce the exact same thing every 30-50 pages. I did charge roller, drum, dv in that order. Always re occured. Replaced the transfer belt and could not get it to happen again in 500 pages. Thought it was fixed. Had a 2nd school (800k) with the exact same line. Called my original school back to see if it had re occured and they said it was back but just dealing with it as it was so intermittent and knew they had a replacement machine coming soon. Went to the machine and could not replicate at all but did transfer belt and followed the bulletin on shimming the belt.

Manager asked the other techs and they said do drum and belt together. Any body tried this?
    The only thing that was the same on both my machines was U127 for transfer belt was not reset when the PM kit was installed and both counters were over 800k. Maybe process control cranks the voltage on a "old" belt and jacks the drum?
    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/k...ml#post1656283

You'll hear many different opinions on this issue, but I'm sticking with the transfer belt assembly. I have disassembled a couple of them for shits & giggles, just to see if I could identify anything out of the ordinary. I could not identify a cause.

If your belt is walking off center, that's another thing: the mylar spacers.

I don't know that the 8001 belt assembly will fit, but I would certainly give it a try.

I have another untested theory: The machine that did it the most frequently was in a room 9 ft x 5 ft. There was no door, but it got noticeable toasty in the room with the machine (sweat beading up on my forehead). Perhaps internal temperature plays a role. For a while I fought the fight: I begged them to swap this machine with another of the same model, or move it 8 ft, outside the room. They would not budge. It stays in the room, not swapping.

Ok, fine. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/k...ml#post1656283

You'll hear many different opinions on this issue, but I'm sticking with the transfer belt assembly. I have disassembled a couple of them for shits & giggles, just to see if I could identify anything out of the ordinary. I could not identify a cause.

If your belt is walking off center, that's another thing: the mylar spacers.

I don't know that the 8001 belt assembly will fit, but I would certainly give it a try.

I have another untested theory: The machine that did it the most frequently was in a room 9 ft x 5 ft. There was no door, but it got noticeable toasty in the room with the machine (sweat beading up on my forehead). Perhaps internal temperature plays a role. For a while I fought the fight: I begged them to swap this machine with another of the same model, or move it 8 ft, outside the room. They would not budge. It stays in the room, not swapping.

Ok, fine. =^..^=
    Agree with the TR belt theory. We had two machines do it randomly. I examined one belt and it appeared to have tiny holed burned through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera redesigned the transfer belt assembly new part number is 302NJ94223 PARTS BELT ASSY KDA SP although it’s officially only listed in the 8003 parts manual I don’t see why it wouldn’t work in the 7002. It doesn’t require shimming it. But, it still does the black banding occasionally mostly due to the C clips popping/breaking off the ends of the shafts holding the bushings in place. Yes, it usually takes out the drum as well. Replacing both at the same time fixes the issue. Kyocera has so far warrantied both parts. Of course a 7002 is out of warranty but it’s still the only solution.