Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    6002i light prints and nearly blank copies

Re: 6002i light prints and nearly blank copies

make sure you have all 3 of these springs on the front and rear of your 2nd transfer. I had one missing, same symptoms, same trouble resolving it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

If shock is applied during transportation or depending on the assembly variation, the pressure release gear of the primary transfer unit at the machine front side might come off when setting up or over time. If the print operation is done under the above condition, the abnormal image (missing image, light image, etc. (Refer to [Fig.1])) or service call error C2700 (the primary/secondary transfer pressure release error) might occur. And once the event log is printed, the history of service call below might remain on the list.
    - C7601, C7602: ID sensor error - C7620: Auto color registration error
    - C7611 to C7614: Bias calibration read value error - C5130 to C5134: Primary transfer high-voltage error

[Content of changes]
    To make fixed strengthen of the pressure release gear, change from snap fit fixing to cut washer fixing. (Refer to the following page.)
    Field Measure: When the above phenomenon occurs, pull the pressure release joint gear in the outside direction of the unit at the machine rear side of the primary transfer unit (Refer to [Fig.2]). If it is possibl to pull out the pressure release joint gear, the pressure release gear is come off, therefore, replace with the new primary transfer unit (New No.1 to 4). (there is a high possibility that the snap-fit claw is deformed therefore, do not re-use it)
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    That was my thought. Emergency stop the machine with a heavy fill image. Then check the latent image density at each drum and on the transfer belt. That will help you determine exactly when you're losing your image fill. =^..^=
    Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    make sure you have all 3 of these springs on the front and rear of your 2nd transfer. I had one missing, same symptoms, same trouble resolving it.
    I had one pulled into the shop for the same thing. We replaced everything you have with no success. We swapped the entire side door and ohm’s out all the connections / ground paths. The final resolution was to reset all the default SIMMs for the developer voltages. This problem originated from a tech replacing the engine or main PWB for a different issue. The new board did not have the correct default settings. Maybe someone put a board in to get the mfp up and running so they could get rid of it. It’s surprising how the KISS principal is the right answer sometimes overlooked.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If I get odd issues like this, I'd try changing and resetting the country code or running U021.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Enter U100 and switch off AC AUTOADJ.
    Remove MC and check for solid image on DK.
    Without U100 change you will get C5101.
    If you get no solid image, you must check HV terminal from DV
    If you get solid image, check LK or LK controlling
    Next step will be check from image on Transfer Belt, terminal for HV
    finally:
    Take a look for upper right corner above DK contact, there you will find HV springs for secondary transfer roller.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    If shock is applied during transportation or depending on the assembly variation, the pressure release gear of the primary transfer unit at the machine front side might come off when setting up or over time. If the print operation is done under the above condition, the abnormal image (missing image, light image, etc. (Refer to [Fig.1])) or service call error C2700 (the primary/secondary transfer pressure release error) might occur. And once the event log is printed, the history of service call below might remain on the list.
    - C7601, C7602: ID sensor error - C7620: Auto color registration error
    - C7611 to C7614: Bias calibration read value error - C5130 to C5134: Primary transfer high-voltage error

[Content of changes]
    To make fixed strengthen of the pressure release gear, change from snap fit fixing to cut washer fixing. (Refer to the following page.)
    Field Measure: When the above phenomenon occurs, pull the pressure release joint gear in the outside direction of the unit at the machine rear side of the primary transfer unit (Refer to [Fig.2]). If it is possibl to pull out the pressure release joint gear, the pressure release gear is come off, therefore, replace with the new primary transfer unit (New No.1 to 4). (there is a high possibility that the snap-fit claw is deformed therefore, do not re-use it)

Thanks for the post, but this unit has been replaced and the issue stayed the same.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Tech View Post
    I had one pulled into the shop for the same thing. We replaced everything you have with no success. We swapped the entire side door and ohm’s out all the connections / ground paths. The final resolution was to reset all the default SIMMs for the developer voltages. This problem originated from a tech replacing the engine or main PWB for a different issue. The new board did not have the correct default settings. Maybe someone put a board in to get the mfp up and running so they could get rid of it. It’s surprising how the KISS principal is the right answer sometimes overlooked.

Thanks for the post this has been tried and no change

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    U021 didn't reset many of the maintenance modes when I had a problem it reset some but not all.

I'd print a maintenance mode out of a working machine and compare. I'd also be looking at the belt cam mechanism as that's what lifts transfer in and out.

The cam is on a little worn drive and I've had the gear free wheel in a certain position so the machine would never flag a code but give faint copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    Have you ever found a solution for the problem?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

the problem is on dev unit