Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera Training

Re: Kyocera Training

Quote Originally Posted by copykat93 View Post
    I also went to Mita school in 1988 in Dallas Texas, Kevin was my teacher/trainer at the 2-week school I attended. Scariest time of my life at 21 years old, first time flying on an airplane from Pa to Texas all by myself and once I got to the training school, made a few friends and Kevin was a very cool trainer. The thing I always thought was the weirdest was wearing a tie while working on these machines, while I was at the training school, one of the techs got his tie caught in the chain drive, we were allowed to remove our ties after that, Lol. I went to a couple Fujitsu thermal fax machine training schools in Danbury Connecticut as well.
    There are so MANY tech industries where wearing a tie could be dangerous to one's health!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Training

Re: Kyocera Training

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    Hello Billy,

I think you are asking for DP-7160/ 70 instead of DP-7130
    we have had similar sensor on Mercury series in past and finally KYO disabled working, because of high failure rate.
    At the moment we have a lot of problems with DP-7160/ DP-7170 because of multi paper feeding/ paper jams.
    TORQUE LIMITER FEED_303JX07401 makes trouble, but no trouble with this multi feed sensor
    Up to yet it seems to work fine
    Attachment 57488
    Okidata has been using similar technology for a long time. The idea was that you cannot count on endusers to properly set the media type, so the machine has two options: self-adjust media type for the tray or prompt the enduser to change the media type for the tray. On the Oki's they've been mostly bullet-proof. Mostly customers complain that the machine catches them not setting the correct media type.

Konica Minoltas airfeed paper decks have had this technology for a long time also. On the airfeed decks these sensors tend to get dusty over time and give false multifeed jams. I've seen a couple of bad ones over the years. The short term solution is to turn off the media sensor. Setting the sensitivity is a bit touchy, I've only had to do it a few times.

On a document processor I don't see a purpose in distinguishing media type, so it's primary purpose must be multifeed detection. My suggestion is to always leave it mounted exactly as it is now UNLESS you're installing a new one, at which point you have no choice but to do the adjustment.

Unless your customer is scanning NCR originals or some other coated or thin paper, multifeeds have not been a big issue until the rollers are near end of life. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=