Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Re: Vertical lines CS6003i

It wouldn’t do a dev refresh because the toner was low. If you put in a new genuine toner it will then let you run it. I’m also of the opinion you have a mix of gen and non gen toner that will right itself with use. This kind of image quality issue you are seeing here simply doesn’t happen under normal use with kyocera consumables. . Have a look around and see if they have any old toner bottles still hanging around. Likely you’ll find your smoking gun. As BlackCat says, put a heap of solid black prints thru till it gets a decent image, then your good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Copier Mechanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I suspect that you have a mixture of knock-off toner & genuine toner, and they often do not mix well. If that is the case, running a few hundred heavy fill black images should gradually deplete the knock-off toner from the mix, and gradually improve the image. Typically the starter is not damaged, but it's always possible.

I had a situation in which my enduser was using the WORST Chinese knock-off toner, and the image quality was horrible. I told them that if they were patient for the quality improvement, they could buy four genuine toners, install them, and keep using the machine. I ended up being called out 6 months later for another issue. The copy quality was nearly perfect. The enduser said that it cleared up over 4 weeks, gradually.

It sure beats buying four new developing units AND four toners. Patience is the key here to save money. =^..^=
    I didn't know I could do that! Good to know. Thanks Black Cat, I learned something new from you!!

Another thing you need to check is if the U930 counter was cleared after MK and or drum and Main charge was replaced. Some techs do not clear U930.

Many a times this was the cause on background and quality of prints on some of our machines.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Vertical lines CS6003i

What's the maintenance counter life ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Mechanic View Post
    What do you all think? I think it's the developer. I forgot to get the count U158 but this machine has 1.7 millions count already maintenance count #A has 454K count. See notes on status page.

Oh and this machines uses OEM toner which I'm surprised because normally we use cheap toners.
    Ask them if they could have possibly put a bottle of waste toner back into the machine. I've seen exactly this when a customer put a full bottle of waste toner in and contaminated the developer.

Install new bottle of OEM toner, then run a bunch of sky shots to get the waste tone out of the dev unit. The copy quality will return eventually.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Vertical lines CS6003i

Quote Originally Posted by NCCopierTech View Post
    Ask them if they could have possibly put a bottle of waste toner back into the machine. I've seen exactly this when a customer put a full bottle of waste toner in and contaminated the developer.

Install new bottle of OEM toner, then run a bunch of sky shots to get the waste tone out of the dev unit. The copy quality will return eventually.

One sure sign of this is if the toner gauge on the Status Page or on KFS shows no toner info.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Copier Mechanic's Avatar

That's a possibility that could have happened. I better ask the customer. Thanks!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Vertical lines CS6003i

If this is the case, be sure to install new genuine black toner before running heavy fill images. There's already more than enough contaminated, mixed color waste toner in the system.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Mechanic View Post
    That's a possibility that could have happened. I better ask the customer. Thanks!!
    Looking at your status page, it’s showing about 5% toner in the cartridge. Normally the machine will show as no toner fitted if the waste has gone back in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk