• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisG
    Trusted Tech
    100+ Posts
    • Oct 2013

DF-7120 stapling problem

Have a finisher on a Taskalpha 5052ci that feeds fine until you try to use the staple function. 2 or 3 sets out of 10 will get misfeed in that when it sucks the first page back into the stacker, it will continue to try and reverse feed instead of stopping. It will then feed the next page into the first one and more often then not, the paper will pile up and get jammed in the stacker just before the exit. Again it's not an every time thing but more often than not. I tried swapping the exit motor and the sensor that the black wheel spins through but got the same results.

Thoughts or insight appreciated.

Chris
    TJL Copy Products
  • darry1322
    Senior Tech
    Site Contributor
    500+ Posts
    • Oct 2010

Re: DF-7120 stapling problem

Make sure your finisher has the updated switch for the exit.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Regimus
      • Feb 2024

Originally posted by ChrisG
      Have a finisher on a Taskalpha 5052ci that feeds fine until you try to use the staple function. 2 or 3 sets out of 10 will get misfeed in that when it sucks the first page back into the stacker, it will continue to try and reverse feed instead of stopping. It will then feed the next page into the first one and more often then not, the paper will pile up and get jammed in the stacker just before the exit. Again it's not an every time thing but more often than not. I tried swapping the exit motor and the sensor that the black wheel spins through but got the same results.

Thoughts or insight appreciated.

Chris
      TJL Copy Products
      Hi Chris I have a Kyocera T-4550ci and I have never used my finisher and it just got an error Cannot use Staple due to a failure and Cannot use finisher functions due to failure.
      I was wondering if this helped you with the pdf for the download, thanks /R

Comment

• darry1322
        Senior Tech
        Site Contributor
        500+ Posts
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Regimus
        Hi Chris I have a Kyocera T-4550ci and I have never used my finisher and it just got an error Cannot use Staple due to a failure and Cannot use finisher functions due to failure.
        I was wondering if this helped you with the pdf for the download, thanks /R
        Use Maint Mode 906 to reset.

Comment

• Regimus
          • Feb 2024

Originally posted by darry1322
          Use Maint Mode 906 to reset.
          Thanks for the answer but how do I do that and you seems do be a professional when you knew that :-)
          I found some on youtube so thanks and I will test it as soon I can and Maintenance mode - Enter “10871087” using the numeric keys for my 4550ci

/R
          Last edited by Regimus; 03-01-2024, 07:24 AM. Reason: maybe found it

Comment

• Regimus
            • Feb 2024

I just want to say that I pushed the button on my panel Status and I have a Kyocera 4550ci, and I put in these numbers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCYqDUzDqTA

Best regards /R

Comment

Working...