Question Job Accounting Distribution Question

My situation;

• Installing 7 Machines (3 Big Copiers, 2 desktop copiers, and 2 printers)
    • 50-100 People that need drivers with Job Accounting Setup

They have about 50 Codes for the job accounting and requested each PC and Copier had all the codes. They don't have an official IT to distribute/share the drivers on the network.

I used NetViewer to copy all the codes to each machine with no issues. Getting the codes on each PC is what is taking so much time.

Going to each PC, installing the driver, and importing the saved code list to the job accounting is efficient for smaller groups... Is there a better way to do this?

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Job Accounting Distribution Question

Re: Job Accounting Distribution Question

That's the only way I know how to get it done. Hopefully your sales took that into account for the install fee.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    That's the only way I know how to get it done. Hopefully your sales took that into account for the install fee.
    Sales would have gone “Yeah, sure! We can do that! ……for FREE!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Job Accounting Distribution Question

One must use a Kyocera KX driver for this to work.

At the KX print driver, choose Printer Properties > 'Device Settings' tab > 'Administrator...' button > 'Job Accounting' tab > put a check in 'Job accounting'. When 'Job accounting' is checked, the radio button for 'Use specific account ID:' is automatically selected. Put a code in the field below the message and then click OK at the bottom of the window.

It may be possible to make the shared print driver and do the above with EXCEPT put in a code. Someone would still have to go to each PC and put a code on the field but it could cut down time in embedding the job accounting code in the driver. If groups of users use the same code, then setting up a print driver with an embedded job accounting code would make implementing this even faster.

Possibly, another solution is do is to set up a shared print driver with the radio button 'Prompt for account ID' selected. Then anytime a user wishes to print, a popup would appear that the code would have to be inputted before a print could be made. The only problem I have had with doing this is when (and it will happen) someone put in the wrong code, all printing from the machine stops until that print job is cleared from the machine. and one must clear it at the machine.

Also, when Job Accounting is implemented, if someone tries to print using the resident Windows driver, then all printing stop at the machine until that unauthorized print job is cleared from the machine.

Kyocera Job Accounting is a nice feature and an administrator can use the Command Center to to monitor usage and make changes. But it is also sometimes a pain in the ass.

I hope this helps.

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

One of our techs actually wrote some scripts for essentially making print drivers with all of the settings and such. It's a little confusing to me, but we do it for Sharp and Epson drivers all the time. Haven't had to do it for a Kyocera as we no longer sell them, but it copies everything from the pre-created/already setup driver, and makes it a new executable. Sharp has that option already but the machine has to be online already, but I never saw anything from Kyocera like that. If anyone in your office can write code, ask them to make it happen haha.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefinishers13 View Post
    One of our techs actually wrote some scripts for essentially making print drivers with all of the settings and such. It's a little confusing to me, but we do it for Sharp and Epson drivers all the time. Haven't had to do it for a Kyocera as we no longer sell them, but it copies everything from the pre-created/already setup driver, and makes it a new executable. Sharp has that option already but the machine has to be online already, but I never saw anything from Kyocera like that. If anyone in your office can write code, ask them to make it happen haha.
    We use scripted driver deployment on larger installs. Very handy for this kind of install and also allows local admin to deploy the driver easily to any new staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk