Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Copystar CS2552 drivers for mac

Hi, I was hoping someone more familiar then myself can enlighten me on this question. I have installed drivers on macs successfully before, but I'm not as familiar navigating them. I still may be doing something wrong. I have a customer who is complaining that her properties aren't fully showing up. She is missing a section where to select monochrome and duplex. I don't know where she got her driver but I got it from Kyocera. It connects and prints but I still don't know if I'm missing something. I had to use the operating guide to even find the properties. The example they show has the functions she wants, but in actuality they don't show up. Is there a particular driver I should be using ? Or some other method I am not aware of ? Thank You

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Copystar CS2552 drivers for mac

sounds like it isn't the correct driver. where did you download it from? it is the driver for the Mac?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

As I said in the original post, I got the driver from Kyocera. I used the one available for mac. As far as I can tell it went the same as it showed in the supplied video. I also was generally looking on line, and they haven't said anything special about it.

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    As I said in the original post, I got the driver from Kyocera. I used the one available for mac. As far as I can tell it went the same as it showed in the supplied video. I also was generally looking on line, and they haven't said anything special about it.
    Mac's are....special.... when it comes to printing, always use LPD. Also, certain software doesn't give you all of the functionality, so maybe try some others?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had a problem with the Mac driver on a customer Mac a few years ago. The customer was a friend of the owner as well as a lawyer so I had to get this working for free. I had to figure out where to browse to the Kyocera PPD and defeat it (l found an article somewhere that explained what to do). I then logged into Kyocera and acquired the lasted Mac installer (I got rid of the one I previously used) and reinstalled it. Pain in the ass but it worked.

I then tested it by printing a PDF then printing something off the net through the browser this customer used. During testing I made sure all the features (duplex, stapling, hole punch, shift sorting, ect) were available when printing. Then I had the customer do some printing to make sure she know how to use all the features she claimed she couldn't use before.

This happened a few years ago, so one may want to research this first.

Although lawyers tend to run a good amount of clicks, I never forget that these guys can sue the company I work for in their spare time just for fun.