Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    2554ci iPhone prints hang

Hello,
    I have been dealing with a 2554ci where users are having problems printing form their iPhones.

Customer prints a lot of photos from their iPhones of receipts and whatnot, job will get stuck in printer queue on processing and hang everything up until machine is power cycled.

They are pretty much using the default iPhone print services which is communicating with the printer via bonjour. Everything prints fine when using the Kyocera Mobile Print App.

When using default print services and printing a photo, setting to B&W will result in a blank sheet, setting to Color will result in print queue lockup.

I have been trying to get them to use the App, but they have too many techs who are in and out of the office and just need to print a quick receipt or something.

Updated firmware with non-turbo latest version. Tried enabling or disabling Airprint, messed around with print emulation, and other settings with no change.

They did not have issues printing in the past from their phones, so I think it could have been an iOS update that broke things as there was no other changes done on printer.

Has anybody else run into this recently, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    MNTECH

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 2554ci iPhone prints hang

I forgot to mention that it seems to be just 'photos' that are getting stuck. When I tested email, safari, notes the print job worked.

Also different photos or pictures would occasionally work fine (Maybe high res or large file size could be an issue).

Thanks,
    MNTECH

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I haven't seen this yet but it seems to be a thing.
    Kyocera 4053ci lock's up from multiple apple air print ipads print job's in que.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Airprint IOS 17.2.1

Yep, here's my thread on the same topic.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook