Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    3011 Scan to email

3011 Scan to email

Howdy folks,

Got a 3011 that throws 4803 errors when trying to scan to gmail, our hosted email or SMTP2go. If i turn off STARTLS it starts working (SMTP2go does not require SSL/TLS). Ive tried turning off SSL3.0/TLS1.0, SHA1/2 is checked off.

Basically it seems unhappy about it's SSL certificate. Anybody else run into this? I remember seeing a whats new email a document talking about updating the machines certificates. Not sure if thats the path i need to go down here.

Any body have any experience with this? Ive already hit it with latest firmware.

Thanks!
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Technician
    3011 Scan to email

Re: 3011 Scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Howdy folks,

Got a 3011 that throws 4803 errors when trying to scan to gmail, our hosted email or SMTP2go. If i turn off STARTLS it starts working (SMTP2go does not require SSL/TLS). Ive tried turning off SSL3.0/TLS1.0, SHA1/2 is checked off.

Basically it seems unhappy about it's SSL certificate. Anybody else run into this? I remember seeing a whats new email a document talking about updating the machines certificates. Not sure if thats the path i need to go down here.

Any body have any experience with this? Ive already hit it with latest firmware.

Thanks!
    I set them up with the following. Also, SSL and TLS are the same setting in protocol. Please note the password is generated in google account settings, it's not your actual password to login to gmail.

Gmail SMTP Settings

• Server Address: smtp.gmail.com.
    • Username: Your Gmail Address (e.g. example@gmail.com)
    • Password: Your Gmail APP Password.
    • Port Number: 465 SSL/TLS

3011 Scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by dschultz31 View Post
    I set them up with the following. Also, SSL and TLS are the same setting in protocol. Please note the password is generated in google account settings, it's not your actual password to login to gmail.

Gmail SMTP Settings

• Server Address: smtp.gmail.com.
    • Username: Your Gmail Address (e.g. example@gmail.com)
    • Password: Your Gmail APP Password.
    • Port Number: 465 SSL/TLS
    I did use an app password on Gmail and tried a few other services. Same result. If I go in and turn off startls it works with a service that does not require SSL.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    3011 Scan to email

Here is the help document from Google. Note this is for using corporate workspace not personal. Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Workspace Admin Help

As for your hosted email, contact the support people with the host unless it is a Google Workspace account.

As for SMTP2go I would recommend not using it as it has a history of being blocked by other email hosts due to the fact that they frequently host bulk mailers.

As for the SSL Certificate, it may have expired.

3011 Scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

As for the SSL Certificate, it may have expired.
    That's what I'm wondering. Do you have instructions on how to create a new one and import it?

Smtp2go is pretty solid if you register a domain behind it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    3011 Scan to email

Howdy folks,

Thanks!
    Try updating the firmware.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    3011 Scan to email

That's what I'm wondering. Do you have instructions on how to create a new one and import it?

Smtp2go is pretty solid if you register a domain behind it.
    You cannot create one unless you happen to be a recognized Certificate Authority. SMT2go should be able to tell you what ones they accept. you then have to locate one of the ones they recommend in you browser, download it to a folder you memory device and the import it to the MFP. Steps to export vary depending on your browser. I use Firefox. With Firefox:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Privacy and Security
    3. Scroll down to Certificates
    4. Clock on View Certificates

3011 Scan to email

Ok so the SSL Cert was not expired.

I did a U917, backed up the entire machine and blew it away in U21. After reboot, setup scan to email first and it worked. I just recovered the address book and one touches and it still works.
    Afterwards i setup the machine as we normally do so the settings were back.

One thing that is odd is every 3-4 min it shows starting network or what ever it shows when the NIC is plugged in or rebooting. Im pretty sure the customer has a bad cable, the NetGear gig switch its plugged into, both the connection light and activity light blink together at a steady rate. Only 1 light is on the copier and it blinks with traffic. I tried setting the machine to their wireless network and it's the same thing. I was running out of time and had to leave the machine as it was at least working now. I did turn off auto negotiation on the wired NIC and locked it to 1 gig. It wouldn't even connect. 100 FDX did. When i moved the cable to a different switch port it blinked normally but after 5 minutes it went back to both lights blinking on and off steady.

I was still getting the "Connection Refused" screen when going to some spots on the webpage. Im wondering if the machine is loosing network connection even on both wireless and wired. If issue occurs again ill have to connect my laptop over cross over cable hot spotted to my phone and do constant pings to it to see if it is actually dropping.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    3011 Scan to email

Ok so the SSL Cert was not expired.

I did a U917, backed up the entire machine and blew it away in U21. After reboot, setup scan to email first and it worked. I just recovered the address book and one touches and it still works.
    Afterwards i setup the machine as we normally do so the settings were back.

One thing that is odd is every 3-4 min it shows starting network or what ever it shows when the NIC is plugged in or rebooting. Im pretty sure the customer has a bad cable, the NetGear gig switch its plugged into, both the connection light and activity light blink together at a steady rate. Only 1 light is on the copier and it blinks with traffic. I tried setting the machine to their wireless network and it's the same thing. I was running out of time and had to leave the machine as it was at least working now. I did turn off auto negotiation on the wired NIC and locked it to 1 gig. It wouldn't even connect. 100 FDX did. When i moved the cable to a different switch port it blinked normally but after 5 minutes it went back to both lights blinking on and off steady.

I was still getting the "Connection Refused" screen when going to some spots on the webpage. Im wondering if the machine is loosing network connection even on both wireless and wired. If issue occurs again ill have to connect my laptop over cross over cable hot spotted to my phone and do constant pings to it to see if it is actually dropping.

Thanks for your suggestions!
    The connection light and activity light blinking on the switch plus the traffic light on the NIC is an indication that the switch is detecting jabber on that port. Jabber is described most often as a frame greater than the maximum of 1518 bytes with a bad CRC.

When you switched to the wireless connection did you disconnect the cable to the switch?

More than likely you have a bad network controller on the 3011, especially if you have tried different ports on the switch. Try connecting your laptop directly to the 3011 and see if you still get jabber.

3011 Scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The connection light and activity light blinking on the switch plus the traffic light on the NIC is an indication that the switch is detecting jabber on that port. Jabber is described most often as a frame greater than the maximum of 1518 bytes with a bad CRC.

When you switched to the wireless connection did you disconnect the cable to the switch?

More than likely you have a bad network controller on the 3011, especially if you have tried different ports on the switch. Try connecting your laptop directly to the 3011 and see if you still get jabber.
    I did remove the cable when i went wireless. Wireless and the wired NIC should be two separate interfaces on the main board yes?

Thx