Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    3011 Scan to email

Re: 3011 Scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I did remove the cable when i went wireless. Wireless and the wired NIC should be two separate interfaces on the main board yes?

Thx
    Without seeing the engineering drawings it is hard to tell. Usually unless the WiFi is a separately installed option board it is often less expensive to use one set of network control chips with transmit and receive lines switched between the wired jack and the WiFi transceiver.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: 3011 Scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Howdy folks,

Got a 3011 that throws 4803 errors when trying to scan to gmail, our hosted email or SMTP2go. If i turn off STARTLS it starts working (SMTP2go does not require SSL/TLS). Ive tried turning off SSL3.0/TLS1.0, SHA1/2 is checked off.

Basically it seems unhappy about it's SSL certificate. Anybody else run into this? I remember seeing a whats new email a document talking about updating the machines certificates. Not sure if thats the path i need to go down here.

Any body have any experience with this? Ive already hit it with latest firmware.

Thanks!
    For the TLS settings, Server-side appears at the top, for Client-side you need to scroll down. Client side effects your outgoing email, Server-side effects your connection to the Command Center.

It is easy to miss the Client-side portion if you do not scroll down, and then you have only set the Server-side.

It should be TLS 1.0 and SHA1 off, TLS 1.2 and SHA2 need to be ON.
    If you turn off both SHA you have no encryption hashing option so the TLS session fails.

"The 4803 error can typically be resolved by enabling TLS1.2 and SHA2 under the ServerSide Settings, ClientSide Settings, and Certificate Verification in Command Center. Some older models that do not support enhanced encryption, will not have these settings and therefore will no longer work with Scan to Email in Office 365. Once these settings are made, the device will need to be restarted.Also, be sure Firmware is updated to the current version posted on our Web site. Some models had these encryption settings added with firmware. Additionally, Under Function settings/Email menu, confirm SMTP security is set to STARTTLS, if not set to Start, a 4803 error can also occur."
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin