Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    6052ci really light copies

Attached is a sample of issue I am dealing with. When the customer prints out a page with hyperlinks, it's not coming out correctly. It seems that everything that prints out is really light. They are using OEM toner. Firmware is at he latest version. I pulled out all the charger rollers and cleaned them off. I ran laser cleaning. I ran developer refresh a few times as well as a drum refresh then ran Image Adjustment (U464, U469 (had to skip past this), & U410) without any change in the quality.

Also, before I left, I discovered that the machine would not U469 (registration adjustment) correctly. It keeps giving me SFFF when I do the auto reg. When I tried to do it manually, there wasn't enough yellow on the page to see the hash marks in the blue field. Even using a yellow highlighter. I took it out into the sun and still couldn't see the yellow in the blue field.

Called Kyocera and was told that it is probably an issue with the main pwb. Is it me, or do all these hotline guys (no matter the manufacture) always say the problem is solved by replacing a board? A discussion for another time.

When I go back, I will flash the firmware but I don't think that's the issue. I'm also thinking about downloading the settings then initializing the machine as well as running U024 formatting the HHD. Then see if there is a difference. Either way, upload the settings via U917 (cause that's where I got them). I will also be taking a main pwb with me and try that.

I am welcome for any other suggestions. This machine is not quite at the end of lease and my boss doesn't want this customer thinking about looking around (no pressure, right?).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: 6052ci really light copies

you said this happens when the customer prints? look at the actual quality of the image. when it prints its not gonna be as vibrant as what is seen on the monitor. also look at the printer properties on the PC. maybe if the customer can email you the image and you print it on a different machine. then compare the two. print a black and white image. is it light in that same area? i think its an image issue or settings issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you for your reply dalewb74.

The day I was there was the day my PC crashed on me so I had no way of printing from my PC to the machine to give me a different baseline.

I also know the difference between a reflective image (looking at an image on a sheet of paper) and a luminous image (an image on a computer screen or monitor).

Overall, the machine seems to be printing out stuff real light. Then there's the issue that the machine won't set registration.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Transfer belt?, is it only on prints or does it happen during copying as well

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

I’ve had a number of HVT boards fail causing feint prints. Unfortunately I can’t see your pdf sample.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    I’ve had a number of HVT boards fail causing feint prints. Unfortunately I can’t see your pdf sample.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I also have seen various HVT issues. Before I did that though, I would try checking the driver checkbox "Print Text As Black". That may improve your image.

That must be the first thing they teach you on the hotline: "Replace the Main Board!!!" I think the hotline must get kickbacks on the sales of expensive parts, since they always start with the most expensive possibility. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Without U000 data it`s difficult to find any wrong data.

But i will try another way:
    U469 don`t work and no more good calibrations...
    What do you see in U468/ V-Correction, 65535 or not?
    (decimal data, convert to binare value and you`ll see 16 times "1" for last 16 well running calibrations)
    Compare data from U464/ Target value and U465/ Bias Calib after running U464/calib
    In good condition values from CMY (Target and result) are the same or nearby the same, BK has big difference (this is o.k)
    (density result measured by id sensors)
    Data from U465/ Stress are <90 or not?
    (physical condition from transfer belt surface/ good or NG/ value <90 shows bad condition from belt surface, system can`t calculate needed values anymore)
    (similar to AGC from scanner --> system need basic values for measurement from density patches on the belt)
    If data totally out of target/ new belt needed

Next i would check high voltages
    i would start with color belt/ U089 (system is printing with initial values)
    enter U100/ Set AC Auto Adj from "ON" to "OFF" (to prevent C510x/ no more auto correction for density based on age of parts)
    remove mc from each drum step by step and check full solid image on drum surface and belt.
    at least if there is no matter with dk and belt image, check 2nd transfer contacts for oxidation
    Depended to the result check HVT spring contacts on main hvt and transfer hvt pwb
    Finally exchange from hvt board needed.

If you get full solid image on all colors, you must take care for laser/ laser controlling.
    (have had full yellow color, but no yellow halftone on color belt, without any C4xxx failure in past and new laser unit needed)

Don`t forget to switch back U100 value!

Good luck