Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: P6035cdn Load Cassette 1 message

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Do you get a message "Set Cassette"? The paper size switch at the bottom CSSW SW0 is the switch used to identify LTR paper, and it's the one that fails first. If memory serves you can check the switch operation at YC17 pins 3, 4 to check continuity. It's a bit more work to get the switch removed. If you're brave, or bravely stupid like me, it is possible to pop the cover off the paper size switch assy and reform the very tiny contacts. It is a bit frustrating to re-assemble, I must warn you. =^..^=
    My message says "Check cassette 1"

Would an issue with the sive switch possibly cause the machine to not see the tray properly?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dwightwilliams View Post
    My message says "Check cassette 1"

Would an issue with the sive switch possibly cause the machine to not see the tray properly?

Hy , did you stretch the spring even if it is new spring , in my case even the new spring did not worked , after stretching a bit resolved a problem.

Poslano sa mog SM-N960F koristeći Tapatalk
    Technician -- a person who fixes the mistakes made by engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by drazen7777 View Post
    Hy , did you stretch the spring even if it is new spring , in my case even the new spring did not worked , after stretching a bit resolved a problem.

Poslano sa mog SM-N960F koristeći Tapatalk
    I tried that prior to replacing it woth no change in symptom.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    P6035cdn Load Cassette 1 message

For my scenario it will display "Set Cassette" only, and not lift. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Alexkyocera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoyROd View Post
    Good day Drazen, I stumbled upon your post and your youtube video because I am currently trying to deal with this problem, was stretching the spring a good fix or did the problem occur again?
    My fix was to bent the paper sensor. When you tilt the machine to look under, there should be a white sensor that detects the paper, bent that sensor in the downward position and it resolves the issue.

The message should be "Check Cassette 1" and it occurs when the printer detects a delay in the paper pickup/feed mechanism delivering a sheet to the registration roller - not enough of a delay to cause a misfeed, but a delay/struggle to feed nonetheless. Inadequate spring tension of the take-up roller, retard roller or both. Have to have the proper amount of tension - a little more but not too much. Stupid design, IMHO. Talked to Kyocera about this, and they suggested that I had improperly installed the separator assembly, that the cassette must be installed beforehand. They haven't a clue...... Great warranty, though they make you jump thru a bunch of hoops to get the drums, transfer belts, fusers that are going to fail (and fail they will) during their crazy 36 month warranty.

I have 6 of these printers at a school district. They were installed Aug of 2018. They recently started to display" Paper path error, set cassette". At first it was just one end user complaining so I thought it was an isolated case, and tried a new cassette and tray lift motor, but looking at the others through KFS they are all doing it. I did not find anything on the Kyocera site and before I call the hotline I reached out to the school dist IT to see if something had changed on their end to prompt this. I also wanted to see if any of you guys have seen this. Thank you for any input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Alexkyocera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    I have 6 of these printers at a school district. They were installed Aug of 2018. They recently started to display" Paper path error, set cassette". At first it was just one end user complaining so I thought it was an isolated case, and tried a new cassette and tray lift motor, but looking at the others through KFS they are all doing it. I did not find anything on the Kyocera site and before I call the hotline I reached out to the school dist IT to see if something had changed on their end to prompt this. I also wanted to see if any of you guys have seen this. Thank you for any input.

It's the Paper sensor. Just bent them. If not it's the gear on the cassette needs updating based on new release. DM me.

Quote Originally Posted by drazen7777 View Post
    Hy to all ,

Has anyone had similar case with P6035. Device when printing one page works normally (mented to release drawer slightly after print )but when printing several page (drawer release is done too far ) so when print is finished massage Check cassette 1 is displayed , open drawer and close print continues for one print and for several prints random same thing happens.
    Video on link
    YouTube

So far changed sensor board for paper , drawer , and all electrical boards except for power supply and high voltage.

Thanks for info if someone has some!

check white paper detection actuator,mlk bottle plastic its made off usually deforms when opening and closing casette too eagerly by customer causing problem

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    P6035cdn Load Cassette 1 message

Just had a P7040cdn do this same thing, stretching the spring worked, surprised the heck outta me.