Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 4002i gives out light prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    This is usually caused by the locking shaft (the grey plastic pin you push inside after inserting dev unit) on the dev unit. It can break inside and doesn't stay in lock position. In that case you need to replace the dev unit.
    Thank you, I replaced the developer ultimately, because the toner sensor output value was -21, it wad stating "toner empty", and there was plenty of toner. The new developer brought the toner sensor output value back between 3 and 5, as it should be. However I am still getting fluctuating toner density on the page. It is in a "metal shop" environment, so maybe something is shorting? I have a high voltage board on order, but I would appreciate any advice!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

Just an update, the high voltage board didn't help. Customer was using a Microsoft print driver, so we are looking into drivers as the cause.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by giddyupngo View Post
    Just an update, the high voltage board didn't help. Customer was using a Microsoft print driver, so we are looking into drivers as the cause.
    I have a similar issue, replaced the Dev and Drum and still printing light. Anyone figure this out?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

At first we must find the reason, HV or laser
    1. check if you get "good" image on drum and/ or belt
    1. Enter 10871087/ U100/ set AC auto adjust to "OFF"
    2. remove the MC
    3. print out internal status page
    4. check if you get full solid image without margins
    a: still light image --> HV problem
    b: "good" image --> problem is coming from laser
    5. Don`t forget to switch back U100/ AC Auto Adj.

just a quick thought. When you installed the new MK did you transfer the the springs that go on the transfer roller on the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
    That's the thing....whether we photocopy or print from a computer, the image is light. The office doesn't have air conditioning. Any other suggestions?
    sounds like a paper/ humidity issue. Had one the exact same thing. The drum would not get a solid image with moisture from the paper going through the machine. I would take a full reem of paper from your office to the site and run some.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

I'm leaning towards a secondary transfer issue or buildup from the installation environment in the laser unit. We had a CS 420i in a machine tooling shop back in the day, and almost every month we had to remove and clean the polygon mirror to bring back the copy/print quality. I also saw that there are some maintenance modes that might help if you haven't tried them yet. U474 executes the LSU cleaning operation and U412 adjusts for uneven density. You can also try the high altitude adjustments under U952. I've never had to do this, but just throwing some ideas out there since it sounds like you've already tried several other things.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

We were actually battling this issue today on a 4002i and it ended up being the Engine Board. Lot's of other things were done before getting to this point, so hopefully this will save others some time. There were no codes being thrown, just light prints/copies.