Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BolenOffice

Ecosys M6526cidn Paper timing not adjusting

I have a M6526cidn copier that has had the LSU's replaced and registration assy also replaced. After moving U034 LSU out top to max +1180, the black print on paper is still way off to the top. Am I missing another maintenance menu to change for paper timing or could it be faulty registration?

Re: Ecosys M6526cidn Paper timing not adjusting

Same here. Actually we've got another machine here at the shop, we've tried swapping out both laser units, and the PCB behind the left cover, but I'm seeing the same problem. Set my LSU Top to 1180 too, and changing that number does move it around, but nowhere near enough.

The weird thing is too, when I do the Test Page with that service mode setting, it's not just off in paper feed direction, it's way off the left edge of the page also. That shouldn't be registration, it should be 100% where the laser starts writing..

There are 3 gears in the laser units that look like they do something with laser alignment, that mesh with gears in the bottom of the laser wells. But I can't find a motor that turns them; is it under a board, or between the paper pickup and laser well or something? Maybe it's a motor not turning those gears, who knows.