Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Deep Black on Site, FS3920

[QUOTE=Phil B.;834945]+ 1 for cleaning the PCR.. after the above process WC cleaning

I have used for a decade or two..

Take NU-Finish car polish ..
    1) put enough NF to coat the the roller.. use a SOFT towel (Ilike terry cloth.. have plent of trash towels )to coat and buff the roller
    2) You might have to repeat step one some times IF the roller does NOT have a nice shine.
    3) make sure there are no globs of NF on the ends of the roller/shaft..reinstall
    4) test for quality*** IF you see BUMPS on that roller that roller is trash... replace***

We used Brasso or Werthers metal polish back in the day on Canon ir5000 and up drums, (way better than the cerium dioxide powder they gave us) really give it a good scrub and wipe down, makes the drum nice and slippery too! It was a must do every 500K on the bigger machines back then, I personally wouldnt use metal polish on organic drums, but if IRC, a lot did use Nufinish on them, its just a polish/sealer, not abrasive at all.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Deep Black on Site, FS3920

[QUOTE=Drewsup;998474]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    + 1 for cleaning the PCR.. after the above process WC cleaning

I have used for a decade or two..

Take NU-Finish car polish ..
    1) put enough NF to coat the the roller.. use a SOFT towel (Ilike terry cloth.. have plent of trash towels )to coat and buff the roller
    2) You might have to repeat step one some times IF the roller does NOT have a nice shine.
    3) make sure there are no globs of NF on the ends of the roller/shaft..reinstall
    4) test for quality*** IF you see BUMPS on that roller that roller is trash... replace***

We used Brasso or Werthers metal polish back in the day on Canon ir5000 and up drums, (way better than the cerium dioxide powder they gave us) really give it a good scrub and wipe down, makes the drum nice and slippery too! It was a must do every 500K on the bigger machines back then, I personally wouldn't use metal polish on organic drums, but if IRC, a lot did use Nufinish on them, its just a polish/sealer, not abrasive at all.
    I never put NuFinish on the drums .. only on the PCR's.

[QUOTE=Phil B.;998485]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsup View Post

I never put NuFinish on the drums .. only on the PCR's.

There is a new service bulletin for PCRs....
    corrosion under the tire is a problem that was solved in the new bulletin ... so they put the new component stainless