Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    tp45

Kyocera FS-4000DN "Call Service 0150:"

I have a FS-4000DN that's giving "Call Service 0150:0077611".

The user had a paper jam and tried to clear it. After that it quit working & displayed the above message... I found the Drum Unit scratched up badly (not sure how). I think they removed it and just beat it up tying to get it back in... Anyway, I've replaced it with NEW drum unit - still get same error.
    I've re-seated the toner cartridge many times... but still no luck. There are no signs of any torn paper remaining in the paper path. Without a Service Manual, I'm stuck!
    I've been told that the "0150:" indicates needing a firmware upgrade I find it hard to believe the printer would shut down for just needing a firmware update.

I'm out of ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Tim
    Last edited by tp45; 10-08-2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: correction

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Not quite...
    0150:xxxxx is an engine PWB Eeprom error. You can try to flash the engine firmware, but I doubt that it will help. More realistically, replace the engine Eeprom, then flash; or replace the engine PWB.

The event that crashed the firmware could very easily have simultaneously pulled a jam condition. And yes, the machine just can't run without functioning firmware. It's like a computer without an operating system. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

tp45
    Thanks Blackcat... It does make sense if the firmware crashed... I was think it was just wanting an update.
    Do you know how I can get the firmware image to try and update either via USB or CF?? I have very limited access to parts and would like to try re-flashing first.

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Not quite...
    0150:xxxxx is an engine PWB Eeprom error. You can try to flash the engine firmware, but I doubt that it will help. More realistically, replace the engine Eeprom, then flash; or replace the engine PWB.
    Agreed, I have seen this one more then one occasion. If a flash doesn't correct the issue you will need an engine board.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tp45 View Post
    Do you know how I can get the firmware image to try and update either via USB or CF??
    PM me your email address and I can get it to you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I had 3900 with this problem. Tech support advised me to do a firmware update as well. It worked. Their explation was that the machine was sensitive to electrical noise. The update would fix that. It worked. Download the firmware, run it and extract it to the root directory on a USB drive, plug it in the machine, turn it on and you should be all set.

Technician
    Update both system and engine firmware - then check if serial. no. and counted pages is printet correct on the status page - if not - you have can try to run SecureExecA4.exe from kyocera to reestablice serial no. and counter

I have the same problem like tp45

@10871087

my Kyocera FS in 4000 DN makes the same(identical) goats.
    you can send to me please also the firmware image to try and update either via CF ?

This would be very nice from you
    many thanks

Niessbaer

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Blackcat is right on the money that 0150:xxxxxx is the EEPROM.

Kyocera released a bulletin about this and asked all dealers to upgrade the firmware on these machines whenever a Warranty call was required.

The problem is the machine reading and writing to the EEPROM too frequently which starts to burn out the IC on the EEPROM. The newer firmware slows the rate at which the machine requires to read / write to the EEPROM and also incorporates error handling in the event that this happens anyway.

Once the firmware update has been done, print out a Service Status page and check to see if the machine Serial Number is entered in and the MAC address is correct instead of 00:00:00:00:00:00. If your machine is doing this, you will need a tech to use a recovery program that re-enters this information.

Hello TheOwl,
    thank you for your answer. Can you help me to became this Firmware? Where can I download this? I need them urgently. The FS 4000DN has no more guarantee.
    Greetings Niessbaer