Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Kyocera FS-1135MFP?

Kyocera FS-1135MFP won't receive or send faxes, i have tried all kinds of things but no luck. the company i am trying to set this up in has one of those phone lines that does both calls and faxes. it somehow knows when a fax is coming in. he currently has a fax machine setup a brother, the fax line is plugged into the line on the back and works fine. when the fax comes through the phone rings then the fax comes through. i removed the fax line from the brother and plugged it into the Kyocera into the line.. when i do this i hear nothing when a fax it trying to come in. if i take the fax line out and put in the phone slot i see on the kyocera flashing memory and processing but nothing happens. i spent 2 hours on this but couldn't get it to receive a fax. i can post photos of what the command center settings look like hoping someone can help.

Re: Kyocera FS-1135MFP?

go into service mode and do a reset on fax think its 600

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    go into service mode and do a reset on fax think its 600
    BSM2 - how do i get into service mode? do i do this via the web and the command center? all is working but the fax, i can scan to my email, print but can't fax? i tried to provide all the information i can, current fax is a Brother works fine. there is one phone line and it does both faxing and phone calls. what icon the printer should it be plugged into the line marked line or phone? on the Brother its the line icon?

Thank you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-1135MFP?

call a kyocera tech. to come fix your issue.

use number keys to press 10871087 to enter service mode. Phone line should be plugged into the 'Line' port. do you know if it's analog or digital line? being a single line for fax and phone, does it show you the receive mode in the Command Center? should be set up as fax/tel switch over rather than auto receive.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

It sound to me that your customer has a distinctive ring for faxes. You will have to get the ring pattern from the customers phone provider and then set the machine accordingly.

Did you test the line? Take a phone and connect it to the exit (TEL) behind the copier. Then listen if you have a tone. you can also call with your cell to see if he take the line . If you have nothing, it's the fax card that's dead. I had the same problem lately.