Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kyocera TASKalfa 3051ci persistent lines

So I'm tech savvy, but not printer knowledgeable. I've started a new job and the printer has an issue with black lines along the page, horizontal or vertical depending on if printed or copied. I've included links to pictures of just blank prints. The spacing is identical no matter the orientation. Not sure where to start to try and fix this issue. Everyone else has just given up on it and accept it but it's driving me crazy. Any suggestions on where to start? Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera TASKalfa 3051ci persistent lines

You have not given us any information about the mfp. How many prints on color and mono, maintenance kit life, or firmware date code, etc. For example, I have a Lexus RX400 that is stalling out? Okay, give us a little history, how many miles, etc.

Sorry totally understand! Just not sure what info is useful from all of it Here's some more.

Firmware 5.105
    Life Print Count 163,492
    Drum Unit Counter 61,863
    Developing Unit Counter 61,863
    Clear Charger Roller Counter 61,863

So 163k total. My understanding from those numbers would be that the maintenance kit was last done right around 100k, with 62k on the new one.

Let me know what other information I can provide to help!

Just from random googling (and I could be way off here) it kinda looks like there's some kind of wiper blade with toner stuck in it or with a nick in it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Usually we describe lines as "feed direction" (that is: they run in the same direction as the paper is fed), or "crossfeed" (the line is perpendicular to the direction of travel).

Another way of talking about paper orientation is SEF (short edge feed or short edge first), or LEF (long edge feed or long edge first). Since your samples are letter sized, they could have fed either way: LTR or LTR-R.

I'm guessing that your lines are running in the feed direction, or in the images the original paper is oriented SEF. I find your lines interesting. I'm going to guess that these images were scanned through the document feeder. I'm thinking that you don't see these lines when you copy off of the glass. You'll get lines like this when light source #! (the first mirror with the lamp mounted onto it) is not stopping in quite the right spot under the slit glass. The scanner is seeing the edge of the white plate under the glass.

I can help you make this electronic adjustment to make the scanner stop in the correct position. First though, confirm my suspicions.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Usually we describe lines as "feed direction" (that is: they run in the same direction as the paper is fed), or "crossfeed" (the line is perpendicular to the direction of travel).

Another way of talking about paper orientation is SEF (short edge feed or short edge first), or LEF (long edge feed or long edge first). Since your samples are letter sized, they could have fed either way: LTR or LTR-R.

I'm guessing that your lines are running in the feed direction, or in the images the original paper is oriented SEF. I find your lines interesting. I'm going to guess that these images were scanned through the document feeder. I'm thinking that you don't see these lines when you copy off of the glass. You'll get lines like this when light source #! (the first mirror with the lamp mounted onto it) is not stopping in quite the right spot under the slit glass. The scanner is seeing the edge of the white plate under the glass.

I can help you make this electronic adjustment to make the scanner stop in the correct position. First though, confirm my suspicions.
    =^..^=
    So those two examples, one was just hitting copy with nothing in the glass, the other was printing a blank word document from a computer. I'd have to try it again to remember which one was which lol. But sadly neither of them was using the document feeder.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

So what paper orientation SEF or LEF? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    So what paper orientation SEF or LEF? =^..^=
    LEF gives Horizontal lines. When I print the paper comes out LEF. SEF gives vertical. Using the copy function the paper comes out SEF.

What color are the lines? Have you cleaned the charge rollers on each drum unit?

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    What color are the lines? Have you cleaned the charge rollers on each drum unit?
    The lines are black no matter what is being printed. I have not touched anything internally yet. Would that be a good first step? Just trying to figure out where I should be looking before I rip things apart lol.

I would start by reading the service manual, this is a have to must if you are going to service the copier yourself. KYOCERA TASKALFA 3551CI SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download.