Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

FS-4000 Drum Charge roller issues

Hallmark is having a rash of charge roller failures on the 4000 printers. I cannot get to KMAConnect to see if this is a known issue, or if there is a way to clean the roller to prevent black horizontal lines on all the printouts.

Can someone please check and see if there is a known issue on these?

Thanks! Jeff.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FS-4000 Drum Charge roller issues

I've got a couple dozen out in the field, and have not done anything to them. But maybe I'm just lucky.......

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Yep
    I'm getting heaps on FS-3900's and FS-2000's with this. Not too many FS-4000's sold here, but same thing.

On most I can clean the charge roller and problem is solved. Some get grit particles that if left damage this and/or the drum surface. Kyocera do have a tech note on this fault.

Are these in warm dry and especially dusty conditions?

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    We have several hundred in the field and have to clean the rollers, in some cases after about 25k. We atribute it to cheaper paper. We use mild soap and water to clean (of course you take it out to do it and make sure its dry before reinstalling).
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickPilot View Post
    Yep
    I'm getting heaps on FS-3900's and FS-2000's with this. Not too many FS-4000's sold here, but same thing.

On most I can clean the charge roller and problem is solved. Some get grit particles that if left damage this and/or the drum surface. Kyocera do have a tech note on this fault.

Are these in warm dry and especially dusty conditions?
    Yes, most of these printers are in the Manufacturing plants where the cards are made. Very dusty conditions.

Is it possible that you could send me the pdf on the tech note? or anything else pertaing to this problem?

Also, you said you "clean" the charge roller. How/what do you clean it with?

Thanks for all your help. Jeff.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    We have several hundred in the field and have to clean the rollers, in some cases after about 25k. We atribute it to cheaper paper. We use mild soap and water to clean (of course you take it out to do it and make sure its dry before reinstalling).
    Sweet! I was hoping I could somehow clean it instead of just replacing the charge rollers.

Mild soap and water? So I can go in the restroom onsite and use the handsoap to clean it?

Quote Originally Posted by HmkPrinterTech View Post
    Yes, most of these printers are in the Manufacturing plants where the cards are made. Very dusty conditions.

Is it possible that you could send me the pdf on the tech note? or anything else pertaing to this problem?

Also, you said you "clean" the charge roller. How/what do you clean it with?

The tech note I mentioned is probably less detailed than what has already been said (warm soapy water). This is fine in the workshop, but can be slow to dry and may even leave a film. In the field, for expediency I'll confess to using Spray n Wipe and clean cotton rag. It's very quick and doesn't seem to have had adverse effects I've noticed in the last couple of years of doing this. 6-10 charge units per hour and definitly don't use alcohol instead.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickPilot View Post
    The tech note I mentioned is probably less detailed than what has already been said (warm soapy water). This is fine in the workshop, but can be slow to dry and may even leave a film. In the field, for expediency I'll confess to using Spray n Wipe and clean cotton rag. It's very quick and doesn't seem to have had adverse effects I've noticed in the last couple of years of doing this. 6-10 charge units per hour and definitly don't use alcohol instead.
    Wow! Spray n Wipe. I think I'll use ocean fresh.

Thanks agian! Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by HmkPrinterTech View Post
    Wow! Spray n Wipe. I think I'll use ocean fresh.

Thanks agian! Jeff.
    No wuckin forries