Kyocera ecosys M5526cdw color smear

I'm having an issue with this printer. Whenever the printer is set to print in black and white, there is no problem. However, when it is set to print in color, a full text page or even a blank page will print with an uneven yellow smear all over the page (see picture). The backside of the page is normal white.

So far I've replaced the toner and checked inside to see if anything is wrong. Frankly I don't know what a printer in a normal state is supposed to look like from the inside. I saw some yellow toner on the transfer belt and sticking to the PCB above it. The transfer roller also has a yellowish hue which made me think that the toner moved into places where it doesn't belong, yet the backside of the page is white. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

IMG_5278.jpgIMG_5290.jpgIMG_5291.jpgIMG_5295.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera ecosys M5526cdw color smear

Call a Kyocera trained technician.
    Last edited by davel; 04-09-2020 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Spelling

[QUOTE = cepheus; 1437053] Sto riscontrando un problema con questa stampante. Ogni volta che la stampante è impostata per stampare in bianco e nero, non ci sono problemi. Tuttavia, quando è impostato per la stampa a colori, una pagina di testo completo o anche una pagina vuota verrà stampata con una macchia gialla irregolare su tutta la pagina (vedere la figura). Il retro della pagina è bianco normale.

Finora ho sostituito il toner e controllato all'interno per vedere se qualcosa non va. Francamente non so come dovrebbe apparire una stampante in uno stato normale dall'interno. Ho visto del toner giallo sulla cinghia di trasferimento e incollato al PCB sopra di esso. Il rullo di trasferimento ha anche una tonalità giallastra che mi ha fatto pensare che il toner si è spostato in luoghi in cui non appartiene, eppure il retro della pagina è bianco. Qualche idea su come risolvere questo problema?

IMG_5278.jpgIMG_5290.jpgIMG_5291.jpgIMG_5295.jpg[/CITAZIONE]
    I agree with
    Davel. The problem is with the drum section or yellow development, but to access it, we need to get the drum set out and see it. Are you a technician? This machine is not '' replace maintenance kits yourself ''

Quote Originally Posted by cepheus View Post
    I'm having an issue with this printer. Whenever the printer is set to print in black and white, there is no problem. However, when it is set to print in color, a full text page or even a blank page will print with an uneven yellow smear all over the page (see picture). The backside of the page is normal white.

So far I've replaced the toner and checked inside to see if anything is wrong. Frankly I don't know what a printer in a normal state is supposed to look like from the inside. I saw some yellow toner on the transfer belt and sticking to the PCB above it. The transfer roller also has a yellowish hue which made me think that the toner moved into places where it doesn't belong, yet the backside of the page is white. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

IMG_5278.jpgIMG_5290.jpgIMG_5291.jpgIMG_5295.jpg
    I agree with
    Davel. The problem is with the drum section or yellow development, but to access it, we need to get the drum set out and see it. Are you a technician?

Thank you for your advice Dave and Giuboss. No, I’m not a technician and it’s not so easy to get service because it’s a printer on a ship, so we always try to fix it ourselves first. But either service or a replacement it is then.

cheers

Technician

OEM toner?

Most likely the company you bought it from would cover it under warranty, if it is still applicable and you have not installed aftermarket toners. We deal with some clients who buy from an internet provider that provides free shipping (Scamazon), but do not provide installation with that product or having a trained person teach them how to use it, once it is installed, but, most of all, good luck trying to get them to warranty your product! If you bought it from a local service provider and you did not install aftermarket toners (to try and save money!) I am sure there should be some sort of warranty (most are 1 to 3 years).

certified scrub 500+ Posts

that's not just something smearing, its something failed... Most likely yellow drum's cleaning portion is gone or anything to do with transporting yellow toner, that's quite a bit of volume...

or the waste port is plugged, backed up, and VOMITED.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    that's not just something smearing, its something failed... Most likely yellow drum's cleaning portion is gone or anything to do with transporting yellow toner, that's quite a bit of volume...

or the waste port is plugged, backed up, and VOMITED.
    May I ask if the waste port is part of the drum assembly, developer assembly or ???
    Thanks.