Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    10

    Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Hi Guys

    I hope you guys can help with this one.

    I have been having this error 7002 (toner motor C error..) on a few of the P6130/P6230 machines. When this happens, I noticed the following:

    - The cyan toner gets stuck in the machine and cannot be released using the blue lever on the side of the container and has to be forced out

    - The opening on the transfer belt where the cyan toner sits is completely full / clogged

    - The cyan developer unit is also clogged with toner

    I have tried replacing transfer and cyan developer with no luck. I am thinking about replacing that cyan toner motor on the left side of the machine?

    Our Company has been using generic toners for a while and we have about 20 of these machines and I have only seen this error occur on about 3 machines.

    N.B. I am an IT support engineer who took on printer repairs for our company, s0 I am by no means an expert


    Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    1,684
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Take my advice for what it's worth to you. I feel you are going straight for plan b without taking care of plan a, the generic toners! Before you go swapping out motors or anything else you need to try OEM toners, after cleaning out all the generic toner in the printer. I know you are going to question, but why do all the others work fine but not this one, whenever you are experiencing an issue with cq, dusting, toner backing up, etc., you start at square one and work out from there. This is just my advice and I am sure many here will agree, research kyocera/copystar and generic toner issues if you are not fully convinced.
    One other thing you can do is mark your cyan motor and components to see if they are turning, if they are... please refer back to my first suggestion. If not, then replace the motor if you are inclined to do so.

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Take my advice for what it's worth to you. I feel you are going straight for plan b without taking care of plan a, the generic toners! Before you go swapping out motors or anything else you need to try OEM toners, after cleaning out all the generic toner in the printer. I know you are going to question, but why do all the others work fine but not this one, whenever you are experiencing an issue with cq, dusting, toner backing up, etc., you start at square one and work out from there. This is just my advice and I am sure many here will agree, research kyocera/copystar and generic toner issues if you are not fully convinced.
    One other thing you can do is mark your cyan motor and components to see if they are turning, if they are... please refer back to my first suggestion. If not, then replace the motor if you are inclined to do so.
    Thanks for the advice, I will try as you suggested.

  4. #4
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Billy Putin
    Posts
    16,326
    Rep Power
    221

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Cost of your service contracts are based on using OEM toners.
    We never used non OEM toners in color machines.
    Only black and we had some problems even with them
    having to replace dev units.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    1,684
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Cost of your service contracts are based on using OEM toners.
    We never used non OEM toners in color machines.
    Only black and we had some problems even with them
    having to replace dev units.
    We tried using generic toners on the Alfard 1 mono series years back and we were constantly going back for huge dusting issues and developing units not lasting, fuser rollers baked with toner (a few Kyocera updates as well), toner hopper errors constantly, blank lamps getting coated in toner dust and affecting CQ, etc. Once we made the switch to OEM toners it reduced the amount of service calls and most components made PM intervals, plus most surpass PM intervals now. So, in the long run our company has saved in many ways by providing only OEM toners.

  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    chardon, Ohio
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    I'm just chiming in since I just had this exact scenario happen to me this week. Generic toners. I replaced 3 drums/dv units and everything went ok, but then as the development units fill up with toner, the machine codes out 7002, and now the cyan toner is stuck in the machine.
    I run to my office and get the only OEM toners we have, which are used ones.
    I pry the cyan toner out, but the new one (OEM) won't go in. I remove right side cover and high voltage board on that side. The cyan toner gear system is clearly out of alignment so I put it back to normal and the cyan toner goes in ok. Machine prints about 30 pages ok so I leave. But the cyan toner runs out and the customer calls me back saying it is stuck again. This one is OEM.
    I'm trying to get a loaner ready and I will post more info if and when we figure out the ultimate fix for this thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    21,056
    Rep Power
    420

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Quote Originally Posted by morgansterne View Post
    I'm just chiming in since I just had this exact scenario happen to me this week. Generic toners. I replaced 3 drums/dv units and everything went ok, but then as the development units fill up with toner, the machine codes out 7002, and now the cyan toner is stuck in the machine.
    I run to my office and get the only OEM toners we have, which are used ones.
    I pry the cyan toner out, but the new one (OEM) won't go in. I remove right side cover and high voltage board on that side. The cyan toner gear system is clearly out of alignment so I put it back to normal and the cyan toner goes in ok. Machine prints about 30 pages ok so I leave. But the cyan toner runs out and the customer calls me back saying it is stuck again. This one is OEM.
    I'm trying to get a loaner ready and I will post more info if and when we figure out the ultimate fix for this thing.
    The way I read this, the toner sensor is not reading the generic toner density properly, so as the generic toner gets fed into the developer it is not detected, so it adds more, ... and more, ... and more, ... until the developing unit is packed solid and cannot agitate. The generic toner continues to back up through the paths in the transfer belt assembly, all the way back up to the toner cartridge itself.

    So you go back to the office and grab Genuine toner and install it. What about that developing unit crammed with generic toner that cannot agitate, or the toner paths through the transfer belt assembly crammed solid with generic toner? That generic toner is not going to evaporate. To get to a point where you have a usable machine You'll need a lot of things:
    CMYK developing units
    CMYK Genuine Toner Cartridges
    Vacuum out the passages in the transfer belt so the genuine toner can get to the developing unit. Make sure the toner feed drive in the transfer belt assembly turns freely.
    Install developing units, install transfer belt assembly, install Genuine Toners.
    Perform color calibrations.

    And most importantly, keep the generic toner as far away as possible from the MFP.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  8. #8
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    18,563
    Rep Power
    515

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Take my advice for what it's worth to you. I feel you are going straight for plan b without taking care of plan a, the generic toners! Before you go swapping out motors or anything else you need to try OEM toners, after cleaning out all the generic toner in the printer. I know you are going to question, but why do all the others work fine but not this one, whenever you are experiencing an issue with cq, dusting, toner backing up, etc., you start at square one and work out from there. This is just my advice and I am sure many here will agree, research kyocera/copystar and generic toner issues if you are not fully convinced.
    One other thing you can do is mark your cyan motor and components to see if they are turning, if they are... please refer back to my first suggestion. If not, then replace the motor if you are inclined to do so.


    +1

  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    1,684
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The way I read this, the toner sensor is not reading the generic toner density properly, so as the generic toner gets fed into the developer it is not detected, so it adds more, ... and more, ... and more, ... until the developing unit is packed solid and cannot agitate. The generic toner continues to back up through the paths in the transfer belt assembly, all the way back up to the toner cartridge itself.

    So you go back to the office and grab Genuine toner and install it. What about that developing unit crammed with generic toner that cannot agitate, or the toner paths through the transfer belt assembly crammed solid with generic toner? That generic toner is not going to evaporate. To get to a point where you have a usable machine You'll need a lot of things:
    CMYK developing units
    CMYK Genuine Toner Cartridges
    Vacuum out the passages in the transfer belt so the genuine toner can get to the developing unit. Make sure the toner feed drive in the transfer belt assembly turns freely.
    Install developing units, install transfer belt assembly, install Genuine Toners.
    Perform color calibrations.

    And most importantly, keep the generic toner as far away as possible from the MFP.
    =^..^=
    +2

  10. #10
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,745
    Rep Power
    160

    Re: Kyocera ECOSYS P6230cdn/P6130cdn - Error 7002

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Take my advice for what it's worth to you. I feel you are going straight for plan b without taking care of plan a, the generic toners! Before you go swapping out motors or anything else you need to try OEM toners, after cleaning out all the generic toner in the printer. I know you are going to question, but why do all the others work fine but not this one, whenever you are experiencing an issue with cq, dusting, toner backing up, etc., you start at square one and work out from there. This is just my advice and I am sure many here will agree, research kyocera/copystar and generic toner issues if you are not fully convinced.
    One other thing you can do is mark your cyan motor and components to see if they are turning, if they are... please refer back to my first suggestion. If not, then replace the motor if you are inclined to do so.
    +1

    You have been 'lucky' with your other models on crap toner.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here