Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera 420/520 series doc feeders plate not rising.

Has anyone seen this problem before, only on these models? I've never seen it before on the 3050/4050/5050 series machines, but the upgrade of it (420/520) seems to have a problem with the paper lift plate on the DF. Weird thing is if you push down on the back corner the problem seems to go away until the next time it gets raised, then the problem occurs again. This is the 3rd time I've seen this on this model, but now I don't have any to swap out so I guess I need to figure out what's going on.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 420/520 series doc feeders plate not rising.

On the 4050 and other similar models, there's a cam that raises and lowers the lift tray. Sound like something is binding or the lift motor isn't working properly.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Does it store a C-9050? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Does it store a C-9050? =^..^=

The man knows his stuff.

C9050:

Causes: Loose connection of the DP lift motor connector. Malfunction of the DP lift motor. Loose connection of the tray lower limit switch connector. Malfunction of the tray lower limit switch.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

No code, probably cause there's nothing wrong with the motor. Like I said, if you push down on the back rear corner hard it starts working again until the next time it gets raised, then it stops working. That eliminates motor and wiring. I'd say bent frame or something but it's happened on multiple feeders of that model so I was hoping someone else had seen it. I've got one hooked up in the shop now so I'm going to figure it out this coming week and let you know what it was.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Oh, and as an afterthought for anyone that doesn't know, those green sep rollers that fit both the older 3050 4050 5050 machines and the newer yellow sep rollers you see on newer machines are interchangeable if you need to. The yellow ones work better as they have more texture but they are also more expensive, however I did find them on ebay at a fraction of the price. They come from china so give it a month, but so far they've worked well.

These couple database entries for the FalconIII (CS-5050) came to mind while reading your thread. We had hundreds of the FalconIII and very few of the 420/520. The Saturn also had the DP-750/760, but I have seen what you describe:

DP-700 is unresponsive. "C9050" displayed at initialization. Red error LED. DP original tray lifts (3) times before presenting the code, then the code disappears. A large paper clip, paper, or staple is lying on top of DPLLLSW (DP lift lower limit switch) preventing the flag on the tray from dropping through the sensor. Remove the original tray to see, then remove the paper clip from the DP lift lower limit switch.

Lift plate does not lower after original set is complete. No jam or error is recorded. Paper scrap blocks DP lift lower limit switch. Clean DPLLLSW: remove front and rear DP covers, DP drive relay PWB, front and rear tray posts, raise lift tray to clean sensor.

"Adjusting Scanner" message, whenever originals are placed in the DP-700 document processor and Start pressed. Message does not clear. Top cover of document processor has been forceably opened, damaging the rear hook and interlock switch holder. Replace rear hook (303JX07180) and interlock switch holder (303JX02240).

=^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    These couple database entries for the FalconIII (CS-5050) came to mind while reading your thread. We had hundreds of the FalconIII and very few of the 420/520. The Saturn also had the DP-750/760, but I have seen what you describe:

DP-700 is unresponsive. "C9050" displayed at initialization. Red error LED. DP original tray lifts (3) times before presenting the code, then the code disappears. A large paper clip, paper, or staple is lying on top of DPLLLSW (DP lift lower limit switch) preventing the flag on the tray from dropping through the sensor. Remove the original tray to see, then remove the paper clip from the DP lift lower limit switch.

Lift plate does not lower after original set is complete. No jam or error is recorded. Paper scrap blocks DP lift lower limit switch. Clean DPLLLSW: remove front and rear DP covers, DP drive relay PWB, front and rear tray posts, raise lift tray to clean sensor.

"Adjusting Scanner" message, whenever originals are placed in the DP-700 document processor and Start pressed. Message does not clear. Top cover of document processor has been forceably opened, damaging the rear hook and interlock switch holder. Replace rear hook (303JX07180) and interlock switch holder (303JX02240).

=^..^=
    The database is undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    The database is undefeated.
    We shall see. =^..^=

I have seen exactly what you are describing on several 420/520 DP760's.
    My only suggestion is to replace the top door as an assembly. It has something to do with the top cover. It acts as if the upper limit sensor is actuated when it should not be. I have just placed my hand on the center of the top of the ADF and had it work just by may hand weight being there. The upper limit flag is not broken (as I have seen that too several times). I wish I had more to share, but replacement of the top cover has been my fix for that problem.
    The feed shaft runs only half way through on that model as opposed to the others having a full shaft. Perhaps over time the stresses on the drive causes the feed to stall momentarily and trigger the Upper Limit Sensor when it should not.