Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    m3550idn firmware issue

Re: m3550idn firmware issue

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Not really, you rename the DL-CTRL.2NM file to KM-EMRG.2NM and this will handle the SKIP operation. ES_SKIP is no longer seen direclty in firmware files for this model.

However this is generally the fix for for a 'no-boot situation' where MAIN is corrupt.

Your OPT (language) firmware files go on the HDD/SD. If there is one installed, format and/or replace-remove and try again.

The 0301 (file not found) may be due to a bad FW download, try the DL again.

Firmware instructions in the Service Manual have been moved from their own section into the PWB's section.

Code has been seen several times on different models, resolution is generally HDD related but for this unit if all else fails try Control PWB replacement
    I tried DL again with firmware and tried changing the file name as you have mentioned and still have the same issue. It may be a Control PWB issue. I don't think recovery firmware will work in this instance.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

You didn't say what happens when you boot the machine after trying to load FW but that might help identify other related factors. There is a known issue around data in the device but it results in System Errors (CF245, CF246, CF247, CF345)

'When the database inside the JFFS2 (Note1) is destroyed, it might cause the issue such as the system error or the machine lock-up.
    In that case, this issue could be resolved by replacing the PWB only. However, the service software is released that initializes the destroyed database to recover the PWB.'

Controller Board would be a good bet I'd say.

m3550idn firmware issue

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    You didn't say what happens when you boot the machine after trying to load FW but that might help identify other related factors. There is a known issue around data in the device but it results in System Errors (CF245, CF246, CF247, CF345)

'When the database inside the JFFS2 (Note1) is destroyed, it might cause the issue such as the system error or the machine lock-up.
    In that case, this issue could be resolved by replacing the PWB only. However, the service software is released that initializes the destroyed database to recover the PWB.'

Controller Board would be a good bet I'd say.
    It keeps going into the firmware page, then gives FW-Update Error, OPT Error 0301. The machine is stuck in this mode. I think I need to order a controller board.

m3550idn firmware issue

We replaced the Controller PWB and that resolved the issue. Thanks for the help.