Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician
    Thanks Termacadon
    I will give it a try but it does look like a tool for "all" pages rather than the 1st Page out.. The 2nd, 3rd .... pages are all OK. Even the 1st is OK until the printer is idle for a while or power reset. It seems like the laser or transfer does not start on time for the 1st page. When it does kick in the Data printed is what belongs on the top of the page. Yes just like the Top Margin is wrong. I have FPRO STM 1 but that made no difference on the 1st page. Comparison of 2 2nd pages and the Top Magin is identical. I doubt if it is a paper sensor (physical) as it would then be consistent for all pages.

Could it be the electronic circuits for a sensor that "needs" charging before resuming normal timing?

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    Scan in a page and upload it.

PS. Try replacing the engine board, if you have one available.

Technician
    The original Engine Board always stopped on the 2nd page. Printed the 1st OK but left the 2nd at the pickup rollers. Before buying a new board, is there anything that can be "tested" to prove the fault in the board?
    TIA

Technician
    Attached are 2 examples of the problem. Note the 1st (faulty) is from "cold" start the 2nd is a follow on (OK). The printer needs to be power cycled or left idle for a period of time before reproducing the same problem. I have seen this on FS1010s before. Just amazed no one else is confirming the issue.
    TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    Honestly, that has never happened to me before, but the logic behind it would be 1-Firmware 2-Engine Board 3-Main Board 4-Engine and Main(replacing no.4 would probably be the same cost as a new machine)

If any of that does not work, then im stunned!
    It cant be mechanical, cause it only happens from the first page and not intermitantly on other pages.

How many prints has this machine done?

Technician
    Hi Termacadon
    Yes it is confusing and I have only seen it on FS1010s. I currently know of a 2nd faulty machine out at a remote site, so was hoping to crack the problem with this one.
    I have 2 old FS1010s for parts so may try swapping more parts. That was actually how I changed the FW from the 1st Post.
    As for the page count only 17431. Only just run in. Other units had less than that.
    The issue seems like a sensing circuit "needs" to charge up before turning on the laser but the paper has already gone past.
    TIA

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    Sorry i cant be of more assistance, but when you do find the problem... You probably gonna wanna kick yourself.

Technician

Success

A solution has been found. Thank you to Steveauh (Townsville)

Kyocera in their wisdom have used a foam insulator on the 3 solenoids that disintegrates over time regardless of use.

1. Open the right side of the printer
    2. Disconnect all connections to engine board
    3. Remove engine board
    4. Remove plastic guard (white)
    5. remove all 3 solenoids
    6. Replace all pads on the solenoids that come up against stops
      Registration Solenoid has 2 pads (1 against the solenoid frame and the other on a stop arm, the others just the frame pad)
    7. Keep thickness to around .4 - .5mm Too thick on register arm will cause early printing.
    8. Reassemble

And that is it. The arms were being magnetically delayed due the metallic contact. It seems to be a regular problem in this chassis FS1000 to FS1030.

steveauh
    HI thanks for the credits
    Steve

Tonul

Another late printing Kyocera-Mita FS-1010

Hi,

I recently acquired a used FS-1010 with similar problem. The unit still has original toner in it, has put out only 3800 pages and has firmware version 80.05-94, released 22/Apr/2002. At first it wouldn't even print the status page, ending with paper jam error. I googled into this thread and replaced the foam insulators of 3 solenoids on the right side of the unit as suggested. Eyballing couldn't reveal anything wrong with the foam insulators but it helped - the printer did manage to print out the status page. At the moment my satisfaction seems to be a bit premature as the problem reappears every time after cold start or start from idle mode - the first page starts printing late, either from the middele of the page or even at the very bottom(in which case the printer stalls with paper jam error). When power is recycled, the printer resumes normal work.
    What could precipitate this strange problem?
    Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Tonu