Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-C5030n Firmware Update

Thumbs up Re: Kyocera FS-C5030n Firmware Update

Quote Originally Posted by copyguy1 View Post
    if you google search kyocera mita you can use thier download to get the drivers. I believe that you need to authorized to get the firmware.
    Yes, Drivers are always free, but you need an official login to get the Frimware. Or have someone get it for you. I can get it but it won't be free.

Paul@justmanuals.com

shawng

Re: Kyocera FS-C5030n Firmware Update

Hi Paul
    What do you charge for the firmware?

I talked to my local rep and he has to get back to me about emailing me the firmware 'they had never had that request before', so I have no idea what that is going to come in at, so figured since you were kind enough to answer me, I would like to ask how much.

thank you

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I changed CF card to 16mb instead of 4Gb!!
    Now it works perfect...

shawng

Quote Originally Posted by brecht2 View Post
    I changed CF card to 16mb instead of 4Gb!!
    Now it works perfect...
    I don't remember off the top of my head what the size of card was that I put in the slot, but I do remember that absolutely nothing happened when I did put the card in.

The arrow buttons on my printer do not do anything, so unless the printer kicks in and starts reading the card automatically I am not sure how I am supposed to proceed.

When you put the card in, did you have to do anything at all?

shawng

I should mention that my local rep did send me a few zip files with everything I need to put on the card.

According to the directions from kyocera, I assume that I just put the card in and the printer will automatically format the card where I can then take it out, add the firmware, put the card back in, and the printer will read the card and reset itself. At that point it hopefully just works.

But, as I said before, when I put the card into the slot, nothing happens.

I even went as far as to buy the super wide slot printer cable (forget what it is called) where on my computer it plugs into a usb slot, and on the printer it's the big fat cable.

I bought that cable because that is the error my printer was saying.

I was under the assumption that if I bought the cable and simply plugged it into the computer and printer, that something would popup and allow me to transfer the firmware, but once again, nothing happened.

Sad, but this beautiful printer has just been sitting there for months as a very expensive doorstop.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shawng View Post
    I don't remember off the top of my head what the size of card was that I put in the slot, but I do remember that absolutely nothing happened when I did put the card in.

The arrow buttons on my printer do not do anything, so unless the printer kicks in and starts reading the card automatically I am not sure how I am supposed to proceed.

When you put the card in, did you have to do anything at all?
    Shawn, did you have the CF formatted in a Kyocera printer before adding the firmware files? Did you have the files in a folder on the CF root directory? The printer needs to be powered off when you insert the CF card. After you power it on, the printer will automatically update the firmware (if it is installed correctly on the CF).
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

shawng

Quote Originally Posted by DWise View Post
    Shawn, did you have the CF formatted in a Kyocera printer before adding the firmware files? Did you have the files in a folder on the CF root directory? The printer needs to be powered off when you insert the CF card. After you power it on, the printer will automatically update the firmware (if it is installed correctly on the CF).
    Actually my cf card is totally blank, not formatted, nothing, when I put it into the Kyocera printer with the power off. If I understand the directions, I need the Kyocera to format the card for me and as none of the buttons on the printer do anything, I do not know how to get the printer to format the card so that I can add the files to it.

I do have the files needed saved on my computer, I have just been waiting to figure out how to get the printer to format the card, so that I can properly add the files to the card.

I was expecting, that when I put a blank card into the slot and turn the printer on, that it would instantly start to format the card, but nothing at all happens.

Ideas?

Maybe I am overthinking this?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shawng View Post
    Actually my cf card is totally blank, not formatted, nothing, when I put it into the Kyocera printer with the power off. If I understand the directions, I need the Kyocera to format the card for me and as none of the buttons on the printer do anything, I do not know how to get the printer to format the card so that I can add the files to it.

I do have the files needed saved on my computer, I have just been waiting to figure out how to get the printer to format the card, so that I can properly add the files to the card.

I was expecting, that when I put a blank card into the slot and turn the printer on, that it would instantly start to format the card, but nothing at all happens.

Ideas?

Maybe I am overthinking this?
    Do you have access to another Kyocera printer? You will need to format the card in a working Kyocera printer before you can properly load the firmware files. Once you locate a working Kyocera, let us know the model # and I can try to give you some directions on how to format...
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Talking Re: Kyocera FS-C5030n Firmware Update

So I have found this Kyocera printing enabling big heavy box called Ecosys FS-C5020N. It makes awesome noises and seems to know what it's doing.

What I don't have is the original CS Card. The wonderful printer is in "Supervisor mode parallel waiting"...

So how do we do dis?

How much is new firmware and new card?

I ordered a new 4GB CS card from the Market of Amazon. Can I set it all up on my PC or do I need a working Kyocera Printer or what?

Thanks in advance for pointing me into the right direction. I have read through some stuff, but time is of the essence here. Need to get those labels printed. Moo-ooh!

Peace out ppl!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-C5030n Firmware Update

Quote Originally Posted by allaserik View Post
    So I have found this Kyocera printing enabling big heavy box called Ecosys FS-C5020N. It makes awesome noises and seems to know what it's doing.

What I don't have is the original CS Card. The wonderful printer is in "Supervisor mode parallel waiting"...

So how do we do dis?

How much is new firmware and new card?

I ordered a new 4GB CS card from the Market of Amazon. Can I set it all up on my PC or do I need a working Kyocera Printer or what?

Thanks in advance for pointing me into the right direction. I have read through some stuff, but time is of the essence here. Need to get those labels printed. Moo-ooh!

Peace out ppl!

You might want to start a new thread.

However we can supply the firmware should you need it we can be contacted at the sites below.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk