Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Kyocera FS4000 Drum cleaning blade DK310 DK320. Why aren't they available anywhere?

OK been fixing printers for some 20 odd years. When a blade fails do you just replace the blade or the whole drum unit. Well I just replace the blade as I'm in the business of putting money into my pocket instead of somone elses. Espescially when the blade fails as a result of sudden cold weather with drums that have very low counts on them. Lately I have been finding this a little hard to do, especially where the kyocera fs2020,fs-4000,fs-3900's are concerned. I have a workshop full of kyoceras all with 50-60k on the counters yet the drums are rated at 300k life. All the blades have failed fom the sudden cold snaps in the weather or from going soft and yellowy from being exposed to heat and ozone. Usually I can source drum cleaning blades from china as I have many for the previous ones dk100 km1500 dk110 dk120etc but there seems to be a complete BLOCK out of china on the supply of blades for the fs2000's that use the dk310/320 drum units . Does anybody know anyone manufacturing these? Its really starting to piss me right off that the only way i can fix these clients machines (the machines they bring to me to fix -not anyone else) and the only way they can be fixed is by installing an entire new drum unit to the tune of $350.00. It completely pisses me right off that I do all the work get left with a measly $145.00 yet I have to give some other barstard $350.00. I run my repair business for me and my family not for for some other cu#t to profit from!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Re: Kyocera FS4000 Drum cleaning blade DK310 DK320. Why aren't they available anywher

Quote Originally Posted by fixitfast View Post
    OK been fixing printers for some 20 odd years. When a blade fails do you just replace the blade or the whole drum unit. Well I just replace the blade as I'm in the business of putting money into my pocket instead of somone elses. Espescially when the blade fails as a result of sudden cold weather with drums that have very low counts on them. Lately I have been finding this a little hard to do, especially where the kyocera fs2020,fs-4000,fs-3900's are concerned. I have a workshop full of kyoceras all with 50-60k on the counters yet the drums are rated at 300k life. All the blades have failed fom the sudden cold snaps in the weather or from going soft and yellowy from being exposed to heat and ozone. Usually I can source drum cleaning blades from china as I have many for the previous ones dk100 km1500 dk110 dk120etc but there seems to be a complete BLOCK out of china on the supply of blades for the fs2000's that use the dk310/320 drum units . Does anybody know anyone manufacturing these? Its really starting to piss me right off that the only way i can fix these clients machines (the machines they bring to me to fix -not anyone else) and the only way they can be fixed is by installing an entire new drum unit to the tune of $350.00. It completely pisses me right off that I do all the work get left with a measly $145.00 yet I have to give some other barstard $350.00. I run my repair business for me and my family not for for some other cu#t to profit from!
    Can you not send them back under warranty?
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Technician

Re: Kyocera FS4000 Drum cleaning blade DK310 DK320. Why aren't they available anywher

Quote Originally Posted by DWise View Post
    Can you not send them back under warranty?
    The units are over 3 years old. The ones that aren't are 2-3years the blades are yellowy and worn. No manufacturer covers Warranty for wear and tear last i checked. And kyocera australia are not easy to deal with. Parts get lost delayed... every excuse in the book and you can't contact them directly you always have to go through a dealer which just slows the whole process down averaging 2 weeks turn around. 2 weeks wait to have your printer repaired gives my business a bad name. After 20 years in the printer repair business i'm fed up with all the politics and "stepping on peoples toes" . They even had the gall to try and sue me and a mate who also has a repair business once- Australia is a small market and they don't like anyone offering an alternative (competition). Hence I don't want to deal with them. Having blades and rollers on the shelf ready to go is a much smarter way to do business and gets the client back to work faster- It also has the side effect of people liking their machine, instead of the the usual "I hate this crappy machine when I arrive to fix it" . But all this doesn't solve the problem i've hit of no blades being manufactured anywhere -except kyocera themselves (and you have to buy a whole drum unit to get that). Hence this post.