Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Talking FS-2000 margins problem for labels

I recentlly set up a printer at a customers office that prints two seperate lables one after the other using the same program i set the L parameter for label 1 but it makes label 2 one letter off so i changed the parameter to adjust label 2 and half of the labels on label 1 are not right. But i have another printer in a different office that prints the same labels set for the first L parameter and both labels come out fine. The only difference is that this one is a FS 2000 and the other is a FS 4000 both use the same program is their something that i am missing please help. Customer is dealing with it but calls everyday to see if i have figured it out yet.
    Last edited by techman; 02-04-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: gramar error

margins

Do a one to one match by printing out the L parameters for both machines to see if there is a difference in settings, also check to make sure that the emulations are set the same.
    Programmers don't die, they gosub without return...

i printed network status pages on both mahine and they match up except for L2 parameter and when i change it.It fixes one label but messes up the other one. cant seem to get it right

Margins

I would try changing drivers to see if its KPDL or PCL doing it.

Both are set for PCL it is worse when set for kpdl

margins

If you are using PCL, make sure the PDL button in your driver under Device Settings, is set for anything other than PCL XL, also check to ensure that you have the latest revision firmware for the printer.

Cool problem fixed

Margins was fixed by repositioning the labels and playing with the L2 L4 parameters. thanks for your suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by techman View Post
    I recentlly set up a printer at a customers office that prints two seperate lables one after the other using the same program i set the L parameter for label 1 but it makes label 2 one letter off so i changed the parameter to adjust label 2 and half of the labels on label 1 are not right. But i have another printer in a different office that prints the same labels set for the first L parameter and both labels come out fine. The only difference is that this one is a FS 2000 and the other is a FS 4000 both use the same program is their something that i am missing please help. Customer is dealing with it but calls everyday to see if i have figured it out yet.
    Is the customer running Windows Vista? I've had a similar problem with a voyager not printing envelopes correctly (from the bypass) The temporary cure was to put the driver on locally rather than the server (as the server was windows server 2003) Windows vista service pack coming soon!

No but it only happened through meditech progam