Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C5300dn won't stay aligned

I have a 5300dn that looses it's color alignment every few hundred, maybe 1000 prints. I've done most current firmware and all of the drums. Sometimes it will get a few millimeters out of whack. Any ideas?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C5300dn won't stay aligned

Welcome to the world of Kyocera A4 color printer headaches (especially C5300DN and C5200DN). After about 2-3 years of usage, this starts to happen. I've looked everywhere for the solution, no matter the cost, but the support for these series is like non existent. There are only like 2-3 service bulletins in total for those. You can replace drums, developers, transfer belt and anything else you like, but it will come back again after a while.

monstott2010

replace the engine board

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

There is an Upgrade Kit for this machine which solves a lot of problems, also the problem with registration. If that doesn't work, replacing the Engine Board is the last solution.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Eric, it's not the same series. Unfortunately there is no adjustment kit like that for C5200DN/C5300DN. Engine board might work, but i doubt it will solve this problem for good.

monstott2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    Eric, it's not the same series. Unfortunately there is no adjustment kit like that for C5200DN/C5300DN. Engine board might work, but i doubt it will solve this problem for good.
    i just had one a few weeks ago.... the engine board was the only thing that fixed it... its a pain to replace but it will fix the problem

There is a bulletin for this in regards to registration drift. The procedure involves sending several prescribe commands via PC to essentially "clear" any registration values back to new. From there you will need to manually go through the registration process.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Currently, a change of drums (for unrelated image issues ) has this machine behaving. I rechecked the bulletins for this model, but don't see anything that relates. Could you clarify where you found it?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Copystar Tech View Post
    I have a 5300dn that looses it's color alignment every few hundred, maybe 1000 prints. I've done most current firmware and all of the drums. Sometimes it will get a few millimeters out of whack. Any ideas?
    Case 1
    Color position is shifted a few days after the color registration was adjusted.
    Details Color position may be shifted a few days after the color registration was manually adjusted. In this
    case, please perform the action described below. Firstly, the color registration should be originally
    adjusted with the auto color registration adjustment included in the color calibration and secondly
    with the manual color registration adjustment.
    Action
    A. Execute the color calibration from the operation
    panel.
    Menu
     Adjust/Maintenance  Color
    Calibration
    B.
    Execute the color registration (Details) if necessary.
    (Do not execute the manual adjustment first.)
    Menu
     Adjust/Maintenance 
    Registration Details
    Cause The auto color registration adjustment is executed at the timing described below.
    In case that the auto color registration adjustment is executed after the manual adjustment, the auto
    adjustment value will be affected since the difference of the value between the auto adjustment and
    the manual adjustment will be reflected, which causes the color position shift.
    The auto color registration adjustment timing : At power-up, when restarting from sleep mode, at
    250th page of intermittent printing, at 500th pages of continuous printing
    Case 2
    Color registration cannot be adjusted.
    Details The manual color registration adjustment from the operation panel may not be reflected. In this
    case, please perform the action described below.
    Action
    C. Once reset the color registration adjustment by
    executing the command at right.
    !R! KCFG"SVEG",208,10;EXIT
    D.
    Execute the color calibration from the operation
    panel.
    Menu
     Adjust/Maintenance 
    Color Calibration
    E. Execute the color registration (Details) if necessary.
    (Do not execute the manual adjustment first.)
    Menu
     Adjust/Maintenance 
    Registration Details
    Cause In case that the color registration adjustment value exceeds the adjustable range of 0 to 255 for
    some reason, the maximum value of 255 will be applied to the color registration chart. Afterwards,
    the color registration cannot be manually adjusted since the value for auto adjustment of 255 was
    already input.

Hi,

Does anyone have the latest files for firmware upgrade?
    I am having the same problem calibrating the colors they appear out of aligment, especially blue and magenta.

My current firmware is:
    Main: 2HN_3000.006.003
    Mechanism: 2HN_1000.008.002

Thanks