Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts category_five's Avatar

3rd party refurbished fuser for t652

I ordered a Lexmark 3rd party refurbished fuser for a T652. After replacing the fuser, I receive error “81 routine maintenance”. The service manual states that means “The fuser that had been previously installed in a different printer has reached its maximum page count.”

I’m assuming that means the eeprom in the fuser wasn’t reset or replaced when the fuser was reconditioned at the factory. Is there anything I can do to get this fuser to work?
    Information is intended for certified service personnel only. Your mileage may vary, see dealer for details.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Re: 3rd party refurbished fuser for t652

You have to reset your counter manually on this model:
    . Turn off the printer.
    2. Press and hold the Checkmark button and the Right arrow > button while you turn the printer on. Continue holding the buttons, release when the memory counter shows, about 10 seconds after bootup.
    3. Allow the printer to finish booting up.
    4. The message "CONFIG MENU" displays on the control panel ; you are now in the Configuration menu.
    5. Use the arrows to navigate and select Reset Cnt from the menu options, then select Reset. When the reset operation is complete, the menu returns to the Reset Maintenance Count screen.
    6. To verify the new maintenance page count -- Select Maint Cnt Value from the CONFIG MENU. Press the Checkmark button to view the new value. When done, press the Back arrow button to return to the main Configuration menu.