Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Grand Junction
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    16

    XM3250 intermittent noise when initializing

    Anyone out there had these made a loud noise very intermittently that sounds like it's coming from the toner/drum area? Have had a couple of these do it now on initial setup and one customer that says their's does it about once a week for 5 or 10 seconds and then goes away and runs perfectly until the next time.

    Saw a few hits on here and Lexmark tech support for noise in the DF but nothing within the machine itself.

    Thanks
    Chris
    TJL Copy

  2. #2
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Corvallis, Montana
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: XM3250 intermittent noise when initializing

    You ever figure this out? This sounds like an issue a customer is having out in the field with a new one. haven't been able to reproduce it.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    XM3250 intermittent noise when initializing

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,912
    Rep Power
    260

    Re: XM3250 intermittent noise when initializing

    Quote Originally Posted by mtgrizrich View Post
    You ever figure this out? This sounds like an issue a customer is having out in the field with a new one. haven't been able to reproduce it.
    kinda doubt it since it WAS OVER A YEAR AGO AND THE OP WAS THE ONLY POST

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Grand Junction
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: XM3250 intermittent noise when initializing

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    kinda doubt it since it WAS OVER A YEAR AGO AND THE OP WAS THE ONLY POST

    Nothing that was nailed down for positive. It was something to do with the toner and the engagement of the imaging unit. I was hoping to have an answer here as come to find out in a year's time, that Lexmark tech support is 100% worthless!!

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: XM3250 intermittent noise when initializing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Nothing that was nailed down for positive. It was something to do with the toner and the engagement of the imaging unit. I was hoping to have an answer here as come to find out in a year's time, that Lexmark tech support is 100% worthless!!
    Heck, I could have told you that.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here