Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

lexmark ms 810 megathread

hey folks:

in the business for longer than i care to remember, but 2 years ago started working on these and got thrown into the deep end of the pool on a contract.

learned a lot obviously, some of the best training is on your own, in the field, armed with only a service manual (frustrating at times), and tech support people who are OK for the most part, but not always helpful.

love to share some of my knowledge, as well as ask some of you who may be experts on these.

my question today is paper trays. backstops break easier than HP 42/4300 series, which is not saying much. . (lexmark can be fixed with a block if wood and gorilla glue, HP is a field fix with drywall screws)

the issue i'm running into is the rollers on the pass-thru section of the tray.

they wear out, like all rollers do, and replacement rollers don't seem to be available. devices i'm working on get heavy use, 500k-750k per year. they usually get replaced at about 2 million pages, but only the main unit which has the 1 500 sheet tray. the bottom 3-4 trays, that have 3-4 million pages on them, are not replaced, and i'm finding i have to replace them with new trays due to jamming.

i've tried running a cloth thru them with rubber rejuvinater on it, temporary fix at best.

anybody run into these issues?????????

thanks, carl

Re: lexmark ms 810 megathread

Quote Originally Posted by boscru View Post
    hey folks:

in the business for longer than i care to remember, but 2 years ago started working on these and got thrown into the deep end of the pool on a contract.

learned a lot obviously, some of the best training is on your own, in the field, armed with only a service manual (frustrating at times), and tech support people who are OK for the most part, but not always helpful.

love to share some of my knowledge, as well as ask some of you who may be experts on these.

my question today is paper trays. backstops break easier than HP 42/4300 series, which is not saying much. . (lexmark can be fixed with a block if wood and gorilla glue, HP is a field fix with drywall screws)

the issue i'm running into is the rollers on the pass-thru section of the tray.

they wear out, like all rollers do, and replacement rollers don't seem to be available. devices i'm working on get heavy use, 500k-750k per year. they usually get replaced at about 2 million pages, but only the main unit which has the 1 500 sheet tray. the bottom 3-4 trays, that have 3-4 million pages on them, are not replaced, and i'm finding i have to replace them with new trays due to jamming.

i've tried running a cloth thru them with rubber rejuvinater on it, temporary fix at best.

anybody run into these issues?????????

thanks, carl
    3 Million on ANY PRINTER time to replace Would have replaced them at 1 million
    Last edited by bsm2; 10-20-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    3 Million on ANY PRINTER time to replace Would have replaced them at 1 million
    NOT the printer--those are swapped out. my question was on the pass-thru rollers on the additional trays. these are not replaced when the printers are.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    lexmark ms 810 megathread

are you talking about the bypass or trays 2,3, or maybe even 4? which rollers are you calling the pass through rollers? location? are you referring to the black rollers on the tray itself? that you see whenever you pull the tray out?