Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MS-410 supply not recognized

Re: MS-410 supply not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Not to go off topic, but, we had a customer with a Dell color printer (Xerox) that was complaining of ghosting (toner burned onto the fusing roller in the fuser) on prints. The printer was still under warranty, HOWEVER, they were using aftermarket toners (BIIIIIG NO, NO!). I told them flat out that I won't cover it.
    hehehe had one of those at the Consul Du Mexico (Ral NC).. they INSISTED it couldn't be the toners... I grabbed an OEM from my stock.. ran 'bout 100 full fill and it was back to normal.

that was ANOTHER compat customer ex boss lost.. 20 printers *most brands* and 2 xerox copiers.

they still call me for service even tho I've gone Indy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Chris, bottom line.......don't cater to your customers (Rian Johnson).......wait a minute........never mind.....he F'ed up ROYALLY!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Chris, bottom line.......don't cater to your customers (Rian Johnson).......wait a minute........never mind.....he F'ed up ROYALLY!
    I agree 100% in a perfect world, you should absolutely be able to tell your customer about the world of compatibles and the problematic gates of hell they can open up.

That said in the past 5 or 6 years I'd guess that more than 50%, probably closer to 65 or 70% of the small market printer base has moved over to using compatibles based on the fact that they're a 1/3 of the price to most OEM toners. Is it a problem? Yes
    Is it something we have to learn to accept? Yes As a small market indy dealer, you can't tell that large of a percentage of your customer base to use OEM or tough luck. At that point you're going to be scrambling for money to keep the lights on and the doors open before long. Do I want to work with compatibles? No. Will I to keep a customer? Yes. Will I try to steer them back to OEM? Absolutely

Reading through the forums on multiple sites, this is something with Lexmark that has gone on for years and years based off compatibles. HP has even gone as far as adding settings for Non OEM supplies. If there is something in THIS case that I can do to help keep the customer happy, then that is what we will try to do.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

HP has even gone as far as adding settings for Non OEM supplies
    I remember that fiasco. HP eventually backpedaled and brought out new firmware that got rid of that "feature".