Lexmark CX510de Black only mode without color cartridge

Hello to everyone,

I try on my CX510de printer to use the black and white only mode but with no color cartridges inside.

I made this test :
    press 2 and 6, then in the configuration mode, I setup Black Only mode to Enable, then save configuration ans quit.

the printer restarts , but always checks the color and ask to place new one.

I remove all the cartridges and their developper unit... restart the printer but nothing change.
    I restart the configuration mode, to enable once again the black only mode, the printer restarted... and nothing change.
    the printer is always asking to place color cartridge.

it's very strange as I just want to use the printer in W&B.

I can play with setting.ucf is needed, but I don't know which parameter should be modified.

Anyone can help me ?

May thanks in advance (at home) !

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Lexmark CX510de Black only mode without color cartridge

Re: Lexmark CX510de Black only mode without color cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by elpaco View Post
    Hello to everyone,

I try on my CX510de printer to use the black and white only mode but with no color cartridges inside.

I made this test :
    press 2 and 6, then in the configuration mode, I setup Black Only mode to Enable, then save configuration ans quit.

I remove all the cartridges and their developper unit... restart the printer but nothing change.
    I restart the configuration mode, to enable once again the black only mode, the printer restarted... and nothing change.
    the printer is always asking to place color cartridge.

it's very strange as I just want to use the printer in W&B.

I can play with setting.ucf is needed, but I don't know which parameter should be modified.

Anyone can help me ?

May thanks in advance (at home) !

try setting your print driver to B&W only

you won't be able to have a color cart out and have it function.

Thanks for the fast replay.

I saw for other types of Lexmark laser printer, the possibility to do it.
    the request was to remove the cartridges and the developer units.

my problem is that my magenta cartridge is declared empty by the printer (strange as the others are quite full).
    anyway, I just want to print in W&B.

I already setup my driver to use only B&W, but the printer is chincking always the color cartridges ... so strange.
    and if I try to print some document from USB stick, it's the same. no way to print it in B&W.

Are there somewhere some settings to switch this printer in full B&W mode without cartridge inside ?

I'm pretty sure...but where.

Thanks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elpaco View Post
    Hello to everyone,

I made this test :

When you made this, you made it with color cartridges inside or outside?
    On older models it's possible to remove color toners and drums(to save them) and set the device to print only in black, see below.
    http://support.lexmark.com/index?pag...&userlocale=EN
    Maybe on newer models they remove that option(for more money).

Also try from the home screen, navigate to: > Settings > Print Settings > Quality Menu > Print Mode > Black Only > Submit
    Users guide:
    http://publications.lexmark.com/publ...rsGuide_en.pdf
    Last edited by tsbservice; 03-22-2020 at 02:48 PM. Reason: add info
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Thanks,

yes it's exactly the page that I found, but with the CX510de I never saw "The message Remove all color supplies"...

I just try it, but not lucky.

If someone has another idea how to do.

Buy a color cartridge just to enable the printer.... it's really wonderful ...
    for the price of the cartridge I can quite buy a new printer...
    save the planet, they say...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Why did you try to set Black only mode from Configuration menu, as it can be done from user menu, see user manual link above.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Why did you try to set Black only mode from Configuration menu, as it can be done from user menu, see user manual link above.

Thanks tsbservice,

I tried to disable the black only from the configuration menu, and use only from the main menu.
    Unfortunately it's the same situation.

if I want to print a pdf from the USB stick, I can see the options, the file is well setup to be print in B&W, but I'm in infinite loop that request to change the magenta cartridge.
    in the user manual, it mentioned that we could force, if it's not a lexmark cartridge by following this :

To accept any and all of these risks, and to proceed with the use of non-genuine supplies or parts in your printer, press and hold (red cross) and the # button on the control panel simultaneously for 15 seconds

But no way also....