Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    XC9235 quality issue

Re: XC9235 quality issue

Well...the issue has not returned 2 weeks after I put in a new relay PCB and the image ribbon cable ...but it also was working when i got there so who knows.

I found nothing that looked amiss on the cable and the relay PCB is just a connector on both ends, no active electronics.
    Everything looked like it was in place and tight on the connectors.

Chalk one up to the weird shit-o-meter.

My guess is that something electrical is causing the machine to freak out, even though it's on a NextGen PCS digital surge protector (I forgot my data cable to read what it's been up to); the machine is smack in the middle of a manufacturing plant.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    XC9235 quality issue

Re: XC9235 quality issue

Joy!
    The issue has returned.

I threw a control board at it - no luck - also the instructions on how to restore that suck - also do not do it the way the manual and the restore read.me says...Don't do it via USB and do it from the web interface and don't include firmware in the restore files..also don't call tech support unless you have hours to kill talking to people that have never seen a copier and have not been taught to enunciate and are using a sting and a tin can as a phone.

Have another laser unit coming.
    I did find that the smart surge protector's power plug was smashed against the wall and paper boxes and while I got with Maintenance to move the power to a plug behind a cubical so they can't do that anymore; i am unsure if that would have been the cause. The first LSU it ate, I checked the power plug out of habit - On the other hand this is in a box office in the middle of a manufacturing plant so power is still VERY much a suspect.

Could it be that these machines are weak to poopy electricity ?
    The LSU is like $1200 out of warranty and Hytec does not carry Lexmark.