Lexmar Firmware LW80

There is a new Firmware on lexmark MS/MX family. The aftermarket cartridges will not work after update. Do not update firmware. There is no working chips on market right now.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lexmar Firmware LW80

Re: Lexmar Firmware LW80

all the more reason to use lexmark toner..... generic is cheaper. but you get less life out of it and they cause more problems in the long run......OEM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Lexmar Firmware LW80

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    all the more reason to use lexmark toner..... generic is cheaper. but you get less life out of it and they cause more problems in the long run......OEM.
    Couldn't agree more. Leave the compatible toner to the 3rd world countries.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

The remany products will give to customer more pages than OEM. Try to test any lexmark OEm cartridge, guess what, they never reach yield. Test need to be done with 5% coverage ISO page, A4, following ISO protocol.
    Belive me, I test every OEM cartridge, it is my job to do it. Also, Canon IR family, they never reach whole yield. Aftermarket toner is cheap, adding 20-30 grams more is not big deal fo rreamny companies but they will reach yield.

Regarding using only OEM, what is with envirovment?? We need to save planet and plastic which is ised for OEM is never reused.

Some facts:
    Here are some alarming statistics on ink and toner cartridges:

• More than 375 million empty printer cartridges end up in landfills every year (that’s more than one million a day)
    • An average printer cartridge takes about 1000 years to decompose
    • Toner and ink cartridges are classified as a potentially carcinogenic; and the toxins and heavy metals of these products contaminate water and soil with volatile organic compounds

If this web is OEM web, I will stay away.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

I hope I'm not wasting my time becasue we send cartons of empty Lexmark toner cartridges back to Lexmark every week. I assumed they weren't just chucking them into the earth.

I have learned my lesson to stay clear of non-OEM toner, many times. They work for a while and then they don't.

We monitor many complete print fleets, both our equipment and everything else. The amount of "premature toner cartridge replacement" alerts from the printers that use generic toner is amazing. We do not service these printers but like to run reports to give the customer a proposal from time to time. When a non-OEM has a higher yield but they are being replaced because they fail then it pretty much defeats the gain.