Technician

What problems do Lexmark MS331, MB3442,M1246, XM1246 have, any advice?

Looks like the Lexmark desktop machines are being rebadged, since I have never worked on a Lexmark what is your view of the machines I listed and the other machines in their family? Any parts wear out prematurely or does the machine have constant issues with anything? Thanks in advanced.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: What problems do Lexmark MS331, MB3442,M1246, XM1246 have, any advice?

have seen a few of these brand new bad out of the box. and not the same issue. so be mindful of that.
    though the ones in the field seem to do alright so far. still a fairly new machine, hasn't been fielded for long.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    have seen a few of these brand new bad out of the box. and not the same issue. so be mindful of that.
    though the ones in the field seem to do alright so far. still a fairly new machine, hasn't been fielded for long.
    I agree, manufacturing quality control has been an issue. But once they're in the field I haven't had any major issues. The image unit doesn't always go full life, but easily replaced under warranty. I've got 50-60 XM1246's in my territory, some are doing decent volume, and I can't complain. Seems like a decent box so far.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Technician

Hi,

We've now had some of these in fairly busy shop locations as invoice printers (Both the Lexmark versions, and also the ones rebranded as Toshiba).
    So far (Out of 82 in the field), I've had to replace one Toshiba branded device due to a dud PSU and had a couple of PQ issues (Mainly due to the toner clumping in the developer unit).

They seem to hold up fairly well, IF they get to chew through a bunch of pages - idleness due to covid lockdown is what has killed a couple of the dev. units.

General concensus between the techs in our company is they seem pretty reliable and stable.