Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Lexmark XM3250 LCQ on one side

So was curious if anyone has run across this. We've had a few of these printers that we've sold brand new out of the box that look great on initial setup. After a short period of time, we've seen on the right hand side of the page, a lot of more solid fill areas will print lighter than the other side. This is within a 2-3K page range. We have tried the usuals, (cleaning, toner, image unit, transfer etc) without much success. The only connection I can even come close to making is possibly something with the initial setup toners that are used? Thoughts and ideas appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris
    TJL Copy Products

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Lexmark XM3250 LCQ on one side

Re: Lexmark XM3250 LCQ on one side

I have had a few but not that model run out of toner but not notify. You can spin the set up toner over a trash barrel but there are a couple spots to flip first.

If its set up toner you may be running out and the way the toner augers in one side would start light for a while.

Try changing the toner sooner or send them out the door with a new higher life toner and charge for the toner.

We have this model but it has never acted up like this, also we do not keep starter toner in the just higher life when we place them.

Is it the left side light thats where i remember the toner being augered into the developer unit built in the drum unit.

I cheat a couple flip covers then spin it over a trash barrel, the toner that is.

They are good machines.