Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lexmark XM3250 Fax error 81b

I have a hospital with outlying clinics where the hospital itself works fine on all the machines but the clinics ,and there are three of them, all will do the following, even with my desktop phone connected directly to the fax line. Dial the number, hear the ring tone, hear the pickup, hear the fax tone for hand shake for about 2 seconds, then click and dial tone. I know this has nothing to do with the unit but their phone company doesn't seem to have a clue as to what is happening. I was just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone and what was done to correct it, if the phone company shared that information. Just talked to the client and the company is CPI and it is VOIP.
    81B Line too long Rescan and transmit again.
    What in the world would Line too long mean? Could it be that the transmitting fax hears the tone but loses it within a couple seconds and the dial tone is all that it hears? I can't find a good explanation anywhere on this.
    Last edited by dacjkhadley; 10-21-2022 at 01:12 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lexmark XM3250 Fax error 81b

Re: Lexmark XM3250 Fax error 81b

well if your firmware is up to date. and you have tried fax compatibility mode. and you have adjusted the baud rate. then it really sounds like the phone company needs to call the next level of support on their end. which is exactly what it sounds like needs to happen.