Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

CX860 No Network Card detected after 081.216 Firmware Update

No error given during the web-based update, but after a reboot, the onboard network card of my CX860 refused to see the network card.

During power up, I saw the network lights briefly turn on for about five seconds, then turn off as POST continued until the MFP was up and outright reported No Network Card detected.

Literally nothing changed in the network setup between the existing setup that allowed me to use the web access to manage the unit, then using the unit's built-in firmware update option, and letting it obtain and install the latest firmware on its own over the Internet.

Unit is no longer covered, unfortunately.

I am the US.

What are my options? Can I possibly revert back to an older firmware?

The device is configured for a smart card and has a smart card reader, but when I tried to remove the reader, it complained that no reader was found and to contact my Administrator (haha). Otherwise, I would have even tried a factory default reset to see if that would do any good.

Thank you.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: CX860 No Network Card detected after 081.216 Firmware Update

You should be able to downgrade firmware but Lexmark has some warnings about doing it listed on their mobiletech site.

Previous versions:

I was going to suggest throwing on a wireless network card but then I looked up the price. $777.00, yikes!