Technician

XC9245 Touch Screen Not Working

Anybody had issues swapping control panels on these?

Had an XC9245 where the casing had cracked around the touch screen, it was working fine otherwise. Swapped with one from an XC9235 and got the error 950.10, (error isn't in the manual but shows as a serial number mismatch on copier screen).

Fitted control panels back onto the original machines and they both boot up without an error but now the touch function isn't working on both screens, visuals are fine just nothing happens when you touch the screen.

Checked all 3 connections to the panel & screen, also loaded the latest firmware. The part numbers are the same from XC9235 & XC9245 so I'm a bit stumped as to what to try next?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: XC9245 Touch Screen Not Working

when you replaced the control panel did you just do a regular power on? or did you boot into diagnostic? when you replace it you have to boot into diagnostic first, it covers the steps in the service manual.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

From what I understand you cannot switch control panels from machine to machine. The only PWB that you can swap from machine to machine is a power supply.

We have been warned verbally by Lexmark and it also states it in their service literature. Once you install a new pwb in a Lexmark and power it on normally it is locked to that machine.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    From what I understand you cannot switch control panels from machine to machine. The only PWB that you can swap from machine to machine is a power supply.

We have been warned verbally by Lexmark and it also states it in their service literature. Once you install a new pwb in a Lexmark and power it on normally it is locked to that machine.
    ... overall, I have been losing confidence in Lexmark MFP product for months now. They are great to sell and hit a price point but after three years they can quickly turn into a money loser in the Service Dept.

I will only put their A4 product on 36 months leases and do not promote their A3 product.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

We have sold none of their A3 products and when we became a dealer in 2016 we told them we would only be selling their A4 products.

I think back then many of their A3 product were not made by them. Never did like selling a rebadged machine after selling the Toshiba made Sharp AR-651 and AR-810. The machines weren't to blame but second hand tech support and limited parts availability taught us a lesson. I still have an old sun-oranged AR-651 as a reminder of what not to do again. We do sell the Sharpmarks but only because we can deal directly with Lexmark if need be.

Most A4 Lexmarks are solid. They just run.

Technician

Sorry that's my bad then, was using Lexmark mobile tech and didn't see the precautions section, probably would have noticed on the PDF. Other manufacturers have a note next the the specific part replacement with any precautions.

Still surprised it just renders the screen useless though, never seen that before.

Thanks for the input anyway, know for next time!