Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,559
    Rep Power
    182

    Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    Hi all,

    As the title suggests, is it possible to reset the black drum imaging unit without replacing it ?

    Quality is fine, I have one in a church & understandably they don't want to spend money unnecessarily.


    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Greenville, OH
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    You cannot reset it. The image units are on backorder and have been for months. Dealers without any stock are starting to feel the heat when these need replaced.

    Two options that Lexmark could offer is a firmware update to extend the life counter or at least offer new crum chips to install on IU's that have hit 100K. State and Federal agencies with these units are the only customers that I think could force Lexmark to offer this.

    I was told by Lemark that the DHS ban on forced labor parts made in China by Ninestar would not effect the BSD line. I think that was a lie.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    dalewb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    901
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    You cannot reset it. The image units are on backorder and have been for months. Dealers without any stock are starting to feel the heat when these need replaced.

    Two options that Lexmark could offer is a firmware update to extend the life counter or at least offer new crum chips to install on IU's that have hit 100K. State and Federal agencies with these units are the only customers that I think could force Lexmark to offer this.

    I was told by Lemark that the DHS ban on forced labor parts made in China by Ninestar would not effect the BSD line. I think that was a lie.

    i heard some time back there was a major fire at their warehouse in china. no idea how true that is but would also explain the lack of supplies.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,559
    Rep Power
    182

    Re: Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    This is what I was afraid of.

    How long after the message to 'replace drum' does the device shut down & prevent printing ?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Greenville, OH
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This is what I was afraid of.

    How long after the message to 'replace drum' does the device shut down & prevent printing ?
    I just sent that question to our Lexmark Service Rep. I will let you know.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Greenville, OH
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    I was not given a solid number. I was told it would stop and EOL, End of Life. A good suggestion he gave is that you can adjust when the warning appears on the screen in the Notifications under Image Unit. This will allow the MFP to keep running without the end user prompted to hit Continue.

    Form the Service Manual error 84.41
    Replace the imaging kit to resume printing. The photoconductor threshold for “Absolute End of Life” has been reached

    I guess one of us will see what Absolute End of Life is eventually.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,559
    Rep Power
    182

    Re: Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    I was not given a solid number. I was told it would stop and EOL, End of Life. A good suggestion he gave is that you can adjust when the warning appears on the screen in the Notifications under Image Unit. This will allow the MFP to keep running without the end user prompted to hit Continue.

    Form the Service Manual error 84.41
    Replace the imaging kit to resume printing. The photoconductor threshold for “Absolute End of Life” has been reached

    I guess one of us will see what Absolute End of Life is eventually.

    Thanks for the in-depth info. Hopefully Absolute End of Life is a long way off yet!

    All these printers that are supposed to be 'green' yet we are forced to dispose of parts while they are still functionally perfectly, especially the colour kit, thats a huge waste.



    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xc4150 reset black image unit counter

    You can turn off under supply notifications if it hasn't hit end of life. Set all the warnings for imaging units to off. You also have to check a box that says to use custom notifications I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

    Thanks for the in-depth info. Hopefully Absolute End of Life is a long way off yet!

    All these printers that are supposed to be 'green' yet we are forced to dispose of parts while they are still functionally perfectly, especially the colour kit, thats a huge waste.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here