Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MFX-C2280 doc feeder

Hello all,

Have a customer that was complaining about constant jamming when running through the doc feeder. Replaced all feed rollers, cleaned the doc feeder and sensors, then tested 250 in preview mode with no jams. Two days later, same customer with same problem...the paper this time was stopping in the paper path, misfeeding more than a jam. Cleaned everything up again and checked over, all seeming to be fine, tested 300+ this time and all was okay again. Got the same call again and when I went I immediately tried to run copies without touching anything and it worked fine no problems when testing.

The customer finally tells me it real only jams when using the User Box function...I felt like this would not be the case because all functions using the doc feeder go through the same path. I tested preview mode, regular copies, regular scans, and the User Box and the User Box did misfeed usually on the 4th or 5th page. The process just seems to stop, the originals are okay just stopped in the paper path. All other functions had no jams.

Just wondering if there is anything I'm missing, any settings to change or if its just pure coincidence that it only jams/misfeeds on User Box.

Thanks for the help!

Scott

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MFX-C2280 doc feeder

Re: MFX-C2280 doc feeder

Like your avatar go Cubs! Does the machine actually jam when scanning to the user box or does it just kinda die in the middle of it?

Maybe one of our Konica Minolta techs has a suggestion. This machine would be equivalent to say a C224E

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    Like your avatar go Cubs! Does the machine actually jam when scanning to the user box or does it just kinda die in the middle of it?

Maybe one of our Konica Minolta techs has a suggestion. This machine would be equivalent to say a C224E
    Cubs all day!

It is more like it just dies in the middle of the job. The machine throws the necessary jam codes but the paper is just stopped in the paper path. Not really jammed or misfed anywhere. Dies about the same spot everytime, sometimes it will complete the job, but not very often.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MFX-C2280 doc feeder

Quote Originally Posted by twittybeats View Post
    Cubs all day!

It is more like it just dies in the middle of the job. The machine throws the necessary jam codes but the paper is just stopped in the paper path. Not really jammed or misfed anywhere. Dies about the same spot everytime, sometimes it will complete the job, but not very often.
    Possibly something up with the HDD?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MFX-C2280 doc feeder

Quote Originally Posted by twittybeats View Post
    Cubs all day!

ok you mention JAM CODES but never specify WHAT they ARE?

it sounds like you have a flaky sensor... have you run sensor tests on them? you might have to clean the sensors with a moist q-tip to clean it well.