Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Can Konica supplies be made to fit in a Muratec?

I want to use Konica brand supplies in a Muratec MFX-C2880. A compatible cartridge is made to fit in either, but I'm pretty sure a Konica TN-321 will not fit in a Muratec. Does anyone know a way to do this? Can plastic keys be cut off easily, or something like that? Or can the entire end of the cartridge be replaced with the compatible end, and the chip also? And how about using Konica Drum Units and Developer Units in the Muratec? Thanks very much!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Can  Konica supplies be made to fit in a Muratec?

Re: Can Konica supplies be made to fit in a Muratec?

I've done the end cap switch on the toners in a pinch with the Konica brand. This series toner cartridge is not chipped. As far as drums are concerned we have always just purchased the K Muratec drums and chipped them with accordingly. I think the you can swap the blue end cap from the Muratec over to the Konica drum to make it work. Good luck!

Great tip! So I can take a new Black Muratec Drum and simply swap the blue piece from a color drum and then that new black drum will work as a new color drum? And that'll take care of the 'chip them accordingly' part? The chip is attached to the blue piece?

I wonder if I can substitute a Konica black drum instead of the Muratec and get the same result.

Also does anyone have info on using Konica Dev Units in the Muratec? thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Can  Konica supplies be made to fit in a Muratec?

We just buy all Muratec K drums for that series machines then replace them with a color chip purchased from one of the aftermarket suppliers if your going to use them in the CMY slots. The drums are physically the same just the chip is different on the k versus the color unit. If your going to use the Konica berand drum in the Muratec you will need to swap the end caps as the Konica drum will not slide all the way in. There may be a piece of plastic that can snip off the Konica instead of the end cap swap I only had to do it once in the field because I only had a Konica brand unit in the car and it was the easiest fix at the time. Not sure on the DV units those boogers are to expensive to be pulling the mad scientist experiment on