Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Newbie - About me

Newbie - About me

Hello all, I am a new print tech in Soldotna Alaska. I'm being dropped into this with no prior experience in printers whatsoever. I do have 6+ years of home user\small business general IT. My employer's intention is to focus on service contracts for Kyocera TASKalfa series printers primarily so the month worth of online classes have been on Kyocera's learning center. That said our partner has various brands and locally I believe I will be servicing some of their smaller HP machines, currently waiting on registration for HP courses. I also had a week of hands on with our partner company to get a little field experience. That being said I'm stepping into this as green as can be and right now I'm in a state of limbo while our partner authorizes me to work on their contracts locally and my employer gets some printers\contracts sold. So until that stuff gets rolling I am just trying to sponge any information I can and get tied into any resources I can get my hands on, which led me here.

That's a little about me, so I guess I'll top this off with a question. I have completed some coursework on Kyocera NetAdmin\NetViewer\Device Manager\Fleet Services and I find myself having some trouble differentiating them all. It looks to me like they mostly cover the same groundwork and as far as I can tell the main difference is that some are cloud\not cloud and that some are for local administration vs truly remote administration (IE monitoring all contracted machines at various local businesses). It looks like KFS is the grand daddy of these with the most complete feature set, however it also looks like you need to be a dealer for access which we aren't yet. So with all of that said, will one of the other programs work off site without needing KFS or am I missing something entirely?

Thank you all for your time, I'm excited to join the community and look forward to learning and growing as a technician through you. If you have any questions about me, my position, or anything else feel free to ask.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: Newbie - About me

Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you'll fit right in here.

I really can't believe nobody responded to this post after 3 whole weeks and 78 views. I would have responded earlier but we've been swamped for weeks and I've gotten WAY behind on CTN (today is the first day I've been caught up here in about 6 weeks).
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Welcome!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Newbie - About me

Glad to have you join us.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Newbie - About me

Welcome

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Newbie - About me

Hello
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Newbie - About me

Why is it that we never see the " Three Amigo's " welcome newbie's to CTN? Do they feel that new users aren't worth their time to say

"WELCOME" ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Welcome
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Newbie - About me

Thumbs up Re: Newbie - About me

Haha wow guys appreciate the love, a little odd to watch this post blow up now though. That's all right, better late than never and I look forward to collaborating with you all!

Newbie - About me

Welcome aboard. I mainly work with the Kyocera TaskAlfa series. I'm not an authorized dealer but do have many years of experience and am factory trained on many Sharp and Kyocera machines - the older ones. It's taken me a solid year to become proficient on these machines. It's tough when you don't have access to factory training or access to all the information and everything that goes with it. I would suggest you learn the basics first. Without a solid foundation, the roof will collapse...so to speak.